Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive automatic photo backup

I'm trying to find a way to have my photos Auto backup to iCloud Drive. I already have Photo Stream on, but 1,000 photos is potentially not enough and the 30 day revolving door for photo life is just not gonna cut it.

I keep all my photos on my iPhone anyway and have been using OneDrive, and Box for this feature, but I'm thinking why not keep it all in one place.

I have a 200GB subscription to iCloud and now want to start making more use of it.

Any ideas?

Backup required from

iPhone, Mac, iPad

iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 7:41 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 9:11 AM in response to Dyno86

Hey Dyno86,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you may be interested iCloud Photo Library Beta:

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6378

Can I use iCloud Photo Library to back up my Photo Library instead of iCloud Backup or iTunes?

Yes. If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, it will automatically upload and store all of your photos and videos from any of your devices that are using iCloud Photo Library. iCloud Photo Library won't be part of the iCloud Backup, because it's already storing all your photos and videos in iCloud.

[…]

How many photos and videos can I store in iCloud Photo Library?

The number of photos and videos you can store depends on how much iCloud storage you have. When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage, and several iCloud storage plansare available from 20 GB to 1 TB.

Thanks,

Matt M.

iCloud Drive automatic photo backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.