Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iTunes changing my album artwork?

I do not want iTunes changing my album artwork. I spend a lot of time getting this right. iTunes 12.01 has started messing with this, substituting new artwork and removing what I put there. How do I stop this happening?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 11:26 AM

Philip,

This feature can be disabled in iTunes' preferences, under the Store tab.

iTunes Help - iTunes Store preferences
https://help.apple.com/itunes/mac/12.1/index.html?localePath=en.lproj#itns34267f 4e

Cheers,

Allen

7 replies

Feb 5, 2015 11:38 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Alan,

I have always kept this option unchecked. I've looked again just now and the option has remained unchecked. For some reason iTunes 'selected' 4 (that I've noticed) out of my 1775 albums and did its automatic update anyway. I guess this is a bug in the latest version, perhaps during the updating process.

I've changed the album art back to what I want and will keep an eye on them. I'll feed back to this thread if iTunes changes the art again.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Phil

Jan 23, 2016 6:23 AM in response to Philip Wilson

I had the same issue going on my iPhone 5 (iOS 9.2.1) was such a pain trying to find solutions to get the right album artwork for the right songs...

But then i found a way in the end to retrieve the correct album artwork for my songs:

1. On your iPhone device:

Setting > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Music > Edit > Press [ - ] All Songs

2. Then open iTunes on your PC and connect your phone

3. On iTunes:

Press the iPhone icon > Press Music in the Settings section > Untick Sync Music > Then Sync > Tick Sync Music > Sync Again

I retrieved all the correct artwork for my songs by doing the same procedure twice but some of you may have to do it more than twice

Apr 3, 2016 8:39 PM in response to Philip Wilson

Phil: After reading online, the way I overcame this problem is putting my iPod Touch in Airplane Mode before I synch. This prevents the iPod from going to the iTunes Store at all---no communication. Thus, I have only my own artwork available for the iPod. As an added measure, I also temporarily disconnect my iMac from my home Wi-Fi...that makes it certain there is no internet for the iPod to try and get artwork. Has worked for me. After I synch, I can turn Airplane Mode off so I can use the other feature of my iPod---EMail, Facetime, downloading, etc.

Sep 17, 2016 5:14 AM in response to CarlAVII

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me..

iTunes 12.5.1.21. Automatic artwork updates off.

An album does not have the artwork I want. I change it to my preferred artwork in iTunes. All the tracks update as expected.

Then, a few seconds later, iTunes changes it to what Apple thinks I ought to be using. It does this every time I try to change it back to what *I* want.

Thank you Apple.

How do I stop iTunes changing my album artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.