Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync 2nd gen ipod to itunes

I haven't tried adding or deleting music to my 2nd gen ipod for a couple years & would like to "update" my playlists but can't seem to sync it to itunes. Am i just crazy or is there some sort of update I need for my OLD SCHOOL that might fix this problem??

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 11:17 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2015 12:30 PM in response to Jason L

I too have a older iPod and upto a few days ago, it was working and in sync with my car audio system as well as iTunes. Now it don't and the only thing I've done was to upload OS 10.10.2 "Yosemite" onto my iMac but that would of not affected iPod working with my car audio system. Going on iTunes now - there is no connection to my iPod (no device symbol appears). Checking my iPod, everything appears to be working and playing as normal. Have replaced connection cable also but no change. USB connections are also fine as I linked my iPhone5 to iTunes no problem. Anyone have any idea's on how to resolve this because I am at lost to what to do next. I have also tried the above link but to no avail. Any assistance appreciated please. Thank You.

Apr 12, 2015 2:23 PM in response to kammykazzy

kammykazzy wrote:

I haven't tried adding or deleting music to my 2nd gen ipod for a couple years & would like to "update" my playlists but can't seem to sync it to itunes. Am i just crazy or is there some sort of update I need for my OLD SCHOOL that might fix this problem??

Your post is somewhat confusing--is it a 2nd-gen iPod, or a 2nd-gen iPod Nano? If it's a Nano, it should work. Try things like cleaning the contacts (metal could have oxidized ver the years) or a new USB cable. If it's a standard iPod, it gets complicated...

What kind of computer are you synching it to? If it's a Windows PC, I would guess that the "MusicMatch" software you need to communicate with the iPod won't work under modern OS's (Vista or later). If it's a Mac, are you using a new one with a Lightning port? If so, I'd test it on an older model with a "native" Firewire port.

how to sync 2nd gen ipod to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.