Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have used GoDaddy WebMail for years without problems. Lately, on an iMac running OS 10.10.2, when I go to the log in page, enter my user name and password, and click "Log In," my mail screen will open. However, when I try to open a particular e-mail, or click on any other tab, I get kicked back to the log in page; the message appears that my session has expired, and I must log in again. In the middle of all of this, and without doing anything different in trying to log in, I could read my e-mail; however, my next attempt resulted in the old problem reappearing. I don't have this problem with 2 other iMacs in the house, or with my PowerBook Pro, or with my e-mail account with my cable provider.

I have called GoDaddy tech support twice. They suggested clearing the log in list, and clearing history. Didn't help. I ran the Apple disk utility, with zero results. I rebuilt all permissions, also with zero results. I ran Avira virus software--nothing found. Switching from Safari to FireFox didn't help. Before this issue began with WebMail, I was using Apple Mail, but had trouble with it too, mainly not sending e-mail, despite confirmed correct settings and ports.

Help!! TIA for any suggestions.

Mike

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Intel Core Duo

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 1:40 PM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2015 2:50 PM in response to Michael Stano

More than likely the Avira anti virus software that's causing the login problems.

Uninstall instructions > How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus for Mac

Then restart your Mac, launch Safari then try logging in to your email service.

Your Mac provides security for you without the hassle of anti virus software installed.

Make sure Gatekeeper is enabled > OS X: About Gatekeeper

Mar 10, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Sorry for the delayed response....

This problem began before I installed Avira. However, I removed it after your suggestion--the problem still occurs. Sometimes, clearing the log-in list and re-entering my password will, for a time, solve the problem, but the problem reappears. Today, nothing I try works. I believe the problem has to be on the GoDaddy end, but they will not acknowledge the issue.

I will post again if I find a permanent solution.

May 10, 2015 7:06 AM in response to safarionwin

Despite similarities, I'm not sure my problem is identical to yours or the one in the link you provided. In my situation, I finally found a possible cause of the problem, and a workaround. Because of problems with Mac Mail on my iMac (but not on my PowerBook), I have been checking my e-mail via the web. I have 3 e-mail accounts in a bookmark folder. In the folder, I had been clicking "Open in Tabs." As it turns out, that was the possible reason for my problem with my GoDaddy e-mail (but not for my other 2 accounts). If I open only the GoDaddy web-mail, my problem disappears 99% of the time; the other 1% of the time, the old problem reappears, but is quickly and consistently solved by deleting my history and clearing my log in history.

Although my issue is pretty much solved, I continue to believe GoDaddy has problems they don't acknowledge--on my iMac, Mail works fine for everything except GoDaddy, and on the web, "Open in Tabs" also works well for all my mail accounts except for GoDaddy. I always thought GoDaddy had great customer service, but they have really failed me on this one....

May 10, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Michael Stano

One more bit of data: The last time I called GoDaddy, they told me I was having problems with Mail because GoDaddy is no longer supporting POP accounts, only IMAP accounts; they suggested I switch to an IMAP, for which there is an additional charge ($80?). This makes absolutely no sense to me as my PowerBook, iPad, and iPhone all get my mail without issue. Even my iMac works sometime (as it seems to be doing now).

May 10, 2015 7:14 PM in response to Michael Stano

I have been using godaddy imap mail for many years but recently hadn't set it up in the mail client on my new macbook and mini and had just been using it in the web browser, with no problems until the last few weeks. Firefox has also failed to connect, not just Safari. I thought my above link had solved the problem, and the fix still appears to be working on my mini but now my macbook has gone back to refusing to connect. I tried opening it in a new window and not in a tab as you suggested but that didn't help.

I too used to be satisfied with GoDaddy customer service etc but since they got bought out prices have gone up (mail went WAYYY up) and more technical issues have arisen. The typical progression when a business moves from private ownership to shareholder ownership. I am moving all my domains to Google domains and will switch all my mail over to Gmail. I'm done with GoDaddy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.