Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need driver for hp Deskjet 3050A J611 series on a pre-Intel Imac

Looking for a printer driver for a HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series printer for use on a Pre Intel IMac

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 2:03 PM

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series ---J6/4311836/model/4311837/drivers

They offer versions going back only to OSX 10.5 and though that did run on both PPC and Intel they don's specify whether it's one or the other or both - it might be a combined version. You say you have 10.3 and it's probable that it won't run on that. Your only other option would be to try ringing HP and ask whether they have any legacy drivers, but they have a record of not being interested in older products.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Hartleyjch

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series ---J6/4311836/model/4311837/drivers

They offer versions going back only to OSX 10.5 and though that did run on both PPC and Intel they don's specify whether it's one or the other or both - it might be a combined version. You say you have 10.3 and it's probable that it won't run on that. Your only other option would be to try ringing HP and ask whether they have any legacy drivers, but they have a record of not being interested in older products.

Feb 5, 2015 3:07 AM in response to Hartleyjch

Did you look to see if Gutenprint/Gimp Print drivers for HP may provide functional use?

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

With devices and peripherals being orphaned, between drivers, ink/cartridges, & older

computers to run them, keeping something working in an obsolescent era is difficult.

Hopefully something or another can be of help.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Feb 5, 2015 3:25 AM in response to K Shaffer

Gutenprint is a bit of a last-ditch stand. I have a Deskjet 990cxi for which there is no driver under Mavericks. (Plainly HP want you to buy a new printer - I did - but it was a Canon.)

I can do very basic printing with Gutenprint on the HP, but its colour rendering is a bit ropey. Even simple plain colours have dithering in the form of a spaced-out pattern of slightly different coloured dots. Duplex printing is not supported; the OPs printer appears to be an all-in-one and Gutenprint won't support anything other than straightforward printing.

Feb 5, 2015 3:39 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Newer drivers for older hardware runs into trouble. Had that problem with HP

over several systems and models of Mac. Sometimes if the printer and OS X

isn't too obsolete, drivers could be tried in one printer intended for a similar one.

The original installer CD for printer software drivers and extras is always a good

thing to keep, so long as there is a printer or a computer on-hand that may use it.

User uploaded file

it's a matter of communication

Recent upgrade with newer computer & OS X, has me looking at printer drivers

and a suggested download from Epson of 1.3GB was not really adequate nor

was it necessary; but some 'expert' at Geek guys showed me a web site on his

Smart phone. The real problem was a USB cable to an AIO printer. The other

older printer could not use the 'correct driver' for the newer OS X, in same D/L.

Planned obsolescence is such a joy. Even when a product is almost bulletproof,

someone wants to sell something else. 'Profit-driven' tends to waste resources.

Cheap hardware & costly consumables. Wait til they charge us for good Air...! 😝

need driver for hp Deskjet 3050A J611 series on a pre-Intel Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.