Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded my macbook pro to yosemite and lost the ability for ical on the computer to sync with iPhone

After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Yosemite and upgrading iPhoto to latest version, the iCal on the computer no longer gets info through the Cloud that my iPhone & iPad have in their iCals. What do I need to do now?

MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2 operating system

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 4:20 PM

10 replies

Feb 4, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Barney-15E

iCal is listed (selected, checked) in iCloud preferences.

I went to 'About This Mac' where it shows I'm running OS X Yosemite.

In the Calendar app, calendars are listed 'On My Mac'. Below the words "On My Mac" there is a gray box with a solid red box and the words "MobileMe Mail To Do"in it. I can check and uncheck this red box. There is no mention of iCloud being an option.

Below this gray box, my email address is printed, and there is a triangle with '!' inside it. When I click on the triangle I get a message that says the calendar could not be refreshed because it couldn't connect to 'cal.me.com'. Tells me to make sure I'm connected to the internet (I am) and to try again later. I have tried again several times.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! Maybe my next step is to head for the Apple Store.

Feb 4, 2015 4:06 PM in response to BarbTX

BarbTX wrote:

iCal is listed (selected, checked) in iCloud preferences.

I went to 'About This Mac' where it shows I'm running OS X Yosemite.

In the Calendar app, calendars are listed 'On My Mac'. Below the words "On My Mac" there is a gray box with a solid red box and the words "MobileMe Mail To Do"in it. I can check and uncheck this red box. There is no mention of iCloud being an option.

Below this gray box, my email address is printed, and there is a triangle with '!' inside it. When I click on the triangle I get a message that says the calendar could not be refreshed because it couldn't connect to 'cal.me.com'. Tells me to make sure I'm connected to the internet (I am) and to try again later. I have tried again several times.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! Maybe my next step is to head for the Apple Store.

All of that indicates you aren't running Yosemite (except about this mac), so your install is fubar. You need to try reinstalling.

Boot into Recovery by holding down Cmd-R when you here the Startup Tone during Restart.

Choose Reinstall OS X.

I upgraded my macbook pro to yosemite and lost the ability for ical on the computer to sync with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.