Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro mid 2010, black screen

Can someone please help me.

I Have MacBook Pro 2010, which boots up with black screen and the led stays on for few seconds and then turns off

The led repeats doing this but doesn't boot. It did this sometimes before but I hold down the power and then led flashed, which booted the Mac.

I Have tired

- safe mode

- pram

-smc

-sleep mode

-boot to macbook cd

- boot without HDD connected

- boot with different RAM

-clean reinstall of Operating system

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 4:15 PM

Hi Morrison1995 My wife's Macbook had a similar problem. Here is what I found. You changed ram, but did you try using only one ram stick and trying it in first one slot and then the other. With my wife's it did what yours does with both ram installed. she had a bad ram slot.

12 replies

Feb 3, 2015 7:19 PM in response to Morrison1995

I want to see if you can get any view screen at all. so I'm going to send you a link to try single user mode. You will be booting to a black screen with white letters. If you get into this mode let the script run, then at the bottom you will see. /sbin/fsck -fy hit return and if it says (file system has been modified) run again until it says the volume appears to be ok. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176 By the way what ram and operating system are you running? Just to make, such the ram you should be running is: DDR-3 1066 PC8500 ECC

Feb 4, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Morrison1995

Hi Morrison1995 So you were able to go to single user mode to screen and run the sudo/fsck -fy and it came back appears to be ok. And when you reinstalled the Operating system with a clean install. you had a screen. And you used disk utilities off the install disk to erase and reformat the disk. then went and completed the install but it did not boot to start up screen as far as you know. The screen went white and then turned black. Am I right on this so far. So did you use an install dvd?

MacBook Pro mid 2010, black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.