Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Won't Display on Projector Properly

I'm trying to plug my projector in my MacBook Pro but for some reason when I plug my projector into my HDMI port on my MacBook it will change resolutions, go black, change resolutions, go black, and so on. It's a cycle and will only stay on each resolution for a few seconds. I would love to get this figured out so I can stream movies on a very large screen but it has left me scratching my head. I have a new MacBook Pro Retina 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, and Intel Iris Pro graphics coupled with the NVIDIA graphics if this helps. Also running the latest version of Yosemite.

Thanks,

Tyler

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.8 GHz i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 8:23 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 2:28 PM in response to wts2

Hello wts2,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your MacBook Pro and your projector. If you continue to have connection or resolution issues with your projector, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

MacBook Pro Won't Display on Projector Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.