Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can only see pink fuzz when I connect my Macbook Pro to my TV.

Hello. I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, on 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and with 500GB of storage. It's installed with OS Yosemite and I have it connected to my Philips 50/60 Hz, 74W TV via a VGA to component video cable and a thunderbolt adapter. All I get on the screen in fuzzy magenta and black flickering. Why is this, and is there anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 2:42 PM

Hi jonhdanderson,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your MacBook Pro. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact configuration you are describing (I'm unable to find a Philips model 74W television listed). If you continue to have issues connecting to external displays, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2015 2:42 PM in response to jonhdanderson

Hi jonhdanderson,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your MacBook Pro. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact configuration you are describing (I'm unable to find a Philips model 74W television listed). If you continue to have issues connecting to external displays, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

I can only see pink fuzz when I connect my Macbook Pro to my TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.