Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes March error 4010

I recently reorganised my iTunes library on my iMac. I grouped a lot of single tracks into albums to make my collection easier to manage. This synced very well on iTunes Match, and now I can organise my iPhone's iTunes easily. However, when I try to sync my MacBook, there are issues. Before reorganising things on my iMac, my MacBook was synced, but after I reorganised my iMac and synced it to iTunes Match, my MacBook has stopped being able to sync via iTunes Match. I keep getting the error:

"We could not complete your iTunes store request. An unknown error occurred (4010). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

I've tried now intermittently for about three weeks, and still my MacBook will not sync. Oddly, some changes had taken effect. For example many of my songs on the MacBook have been rearranged accordingly by genre as specified by the reorganised iMac. The main thing that has not synced are the new albums that I have given the 'loose' songs.

What do I have to do to get my MacBook synced completely? I don't want to have to manually reorganise my MacBook, every time I reorganise my iMac.

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 4:39 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2015 9:40 AM in response to whychristo

Hi Christo,

Before we go into deleting content of your MacBook, I would at least make sure that you have it backed up first. Then I would create a new iTunes library and turn on iTunes Match to then download everything. It may take some time depending on how big your iTunes library is. Also if you have any other content that is not music that you want to keep in your iTunes Library, make sure to import that back in from your back up so you do not loose any data.

iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201596

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance,

-Norm G.

iTunes March error 4010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.