Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I face error 7 Windows error 193 when i try to reinstall my iTunes? I've tried few times uninstalling and reinstalling but it seems that it doesn't work.

Since yesterday, I failed to update the latest iTunes. Today i tried to open iTunes but it says iTunes were not installed properly. And this error 7 (Windows error 193) popped out. I tried to search the solution by people suggestions,which is uninstall all the apple program and reinstall it again. I tried few times but the same thing came out. What am I suppose to do for this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 2:57 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you are running 64-bit Windows and the above steps haven't helped try installing the version of iTunes that can be downloaded from this support document. iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

tt2

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2015 2:57 AM in response to ChienWei

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you are running 64-bit Windows and the above steps haven't helped try installing the version of iTunes that can be downloaded from this support document. iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

tt2

Apr 1, 2015 11:18 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes I tried installing the 64-bit version of iTunes. Multiple times. I have followed every possible procedure multiple times, and continue to get the same result.

Unfortunately I no longer have the error message on my screen, and I;m certainly not going to waste more time following the procedures just to get the error message again. The error messages are posted all over your support community. This has become a HUGE issue for Windows customers. At this point I would love to get the previous version of iTunes to put on my computer, so I at least have the ability to sync with my iPhone. Is that possible?

Apr 1, 2015 11:25 AM in response to shampel01

Then I'm guessing you really haven't read the user tip I've linked to, or even the full text of my posts to this thread. I have referred you to an alternate 64-bit build of iTunes that often installs when the regular full 64-bit version doesn't. Perhaps you have tried that too, but you haven't managed to say so clearly if you have. Telling us you've tried everything gives us nothing to work with. If you read through the user tip you will find direct links to several recent older builds of iTunes, or a website where you can get even older versions, along with the detailed roll back proceedure for restoring an older backup of your library database that will work with the older version of iTunes that you choose to install.

tt2

Apr 1, 2015 11:59 AM in response to shampel01

So each time you have tried to install an older build you have followed the removal steps given in thesecond box of my user tip, or some similar process, that uninstalls all Apple software components, and cleans the folders those components would have installed to, rebooted, and then tried an alternate build?

Do you recieve any error messages during the installation? Have you, for example, tried the process outlined at Install Missing Components? If so which component will not install and what error message does it give you? I can point you in the direction of steps to generate installation logs if you wish. Actually, see my post in this thread: Can't install iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Which builds have you tried?

Or something specific from OldApps.com?

What was the last build of iTunes that successfully ran for you?

tt2

Apr 1, 2015 12:34 PM in response to turingtest2

I have never had an issue until the most recent update. I have attempted to install at least half of the options you have listed, multiple times, with no success. And before you ask again - I followed all instructions to the detail. I cannot spend any more of my time trying to fix the problem Apple has caused. Now it appears it is going to take someone far more knowledgeable than me to figure out what the problem is, which means it is going to cost me money. Based on all of the questions and comments in Apple Support, along with countless blogs, Apple has managed to completely alienate the PC users that are their customers. A simple update should not cause this level of problems in the marketplace.

Apr 2, 2015 4:02 PM in response to shampel01

You treated me like an idiot yesterday when I was asking questions. I followed every instruction I found on Apple Support. Nothing listed anywhere, and nothing you suggested yesterday, worked. As a last ditch effort before hiring someone to fix it, I did follow the Apple Support uninstall instructions, but then I uninstalled iCloud, Safari and QuickTime 7. I uninstalled EVERYTHING from Apple. I then ran Disk Clean-up and deleted absolutely everything that wasn't necessary. I also deleted all but the most recent restore point. I have absolutely no idea if these things contributed to the end result, but thought I should share just in case. I then ran the install for iTunes (the version that was right for my lap top...64bit for older video cards). And the miracle finally happened...iTunes opened!!!!

You would think someone who is actually computer savvy, which I am not, would have figured this out long before I did. Maybe you can find a way to publish the information to the countless other frustrated customers.

Apr 2, 2015 4:28 PM in response to shampel01

You treated me like an idiot yesterday when I was asking questions.

Not my intention, but I could no doubt have phrased things better so please accept my apologies. The solution you've outlined is the same as I recommended to you in the second box of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates together with installing the iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) version rather than the build offered at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ or automatically downloaded by Apple Software Update.

Given your recent experience I would avoid letting iTunes update automatically next time. First there may be no need to update if the new release doesn't offer new features you want, or fix bugs that affect you. When you do chose to update it would be best to manually download from the iTunes Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) page next time. It may take a day or two after each release of the updated iTunes6464Setup file before the new iTunes64Setup is posted.

tt2

Apr 17, 2015 10:49 AM in response to dabarbrie

dabarbrie wrote:

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much! now when it asks to update to I just decline that?

You're welcome. 🙂

Yes, you could decline the update, and update manually fromiTunes Windows (64-bit — for older video cards). It should be updated at the same time, or nearly so. You might want to see if the full 64-bit will work in a couple of updates time, or if there is a particular announcement regarding changes that fix install issues on 64-bit systems.

tt2

Why do I face error 7 Windows error 193 when i try to reinstall my iTunes? I've tried few times uninstalling and reinstalling but it seems that it doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.