Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 no sim card installed message pops up

My iphone 5 was just upgraded to latest iOS 8.1.3, and after that the message "no sim card installed" pops up occasionally and I lost all my 3G data conenctions. I have to reboot the phone. Does anyone has this issue? Any solution?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 2:33 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2015 6:38 AM in response to ljames_21

Hello ljames_21,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you are getting an error message on your iPhone which says "No SIM Card installed." In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps below.

In some situations, the status bar on your iPhone might display No SIM, even though your iPhone has a SIM card. You might see an alert saying "Invalid SIM" or "No SIM Card installed."

If you see any of the above symptoms on your iPhone, follow these steps:

1. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Turn airplane mode on and then off again.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. Install any available update.
  5. Remove the SIM card and make sure that it's a valid SIM that your carrier provided. Also make sure that it's not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
    A SIM tray that comes with one iPhone model won't necessarily work with a different iPhone model. When you insert the correct SIM tray, the SIM tray should be flush with the device.
  6. If you have another SIM card, insert it. You can use a SIM card from any phone with the same format as your iPhone SIM card. If your iPhone works with that SIM card, contact the carrier that issued your original SIM card.
  7. Restore the iPhone.

If you still see the issue, contact Apple support.

If you see 'No SIM' alert on iPhone - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

iphone 5 no sim card installed message pops up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.