Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pesky security question

Here is a bit of an edge case, but I figured I'd ask in case there *is* a workaround.

I run an application called Cisco Jabber, the company I work for uses this for internal messaging. It runs as a "dock" application, which I didn't like and so I used this method to hide it from the dock and show it only in the menubar. The application ran just fine, at startup it would pop up a whole bunch of security windows but that was once per reboot and so at once every week or so not really a big deal.

However, I've now added support for an internal conferencing system into it too. And this means the application polls a remote server on a regular basis. And every time it does, I get a whole series of security popups like this one ...

User uploaded file

I've gone into Keychain and found several items containing the string under the orange mask. I tried adding Cisco Jabber into the list of authorised applications, but that didn't make a difference. Then I tried to just allow all applications to access that item, but that didn't make a difference either. So I'm now a bit at a loss!

I'm open to any approach, elegant or a hack, because the windows drive me nuts.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:14 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2015 6:57 PM in response to Rob de Jonge

Did you click "Always allow?" That's what you need to click if you want the app to be able to access the listed keychain items without prompting each time.

If you just click "allow" then you'll be prompted every time the item needs access, which can be VERY tedious.

Note, ONLY click "always allow" for apps you trust and which should have access to the items they're asking for, of course.

Feb 6, 2015 11:04 PM in response to Rob de Jonge

Today I decided to try something. As mentioned in the original post, I used a 'hack' to hide the app from the dock. When I reversed this hack, the security popups went away. It is beyond me how adding LSUIElement=TRUE to the Info.plist means the security system suddenly goes paranoid.

Would love to understand this and how I can perhaps work around it.

Any thoughts?

Pesky security question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.