Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reconnect mouse automatically

Sometimes my Apple mouse lose its bluetooth connection with my iMac. Everytime I have to go to the bluetooth menu, select my mouse from the devices and click "Connect".

I think this should be done automatically by my Mac, try to reconnect when it loses connection. There's a way to do this automatically? Its really annoying having to do this every time.

thank you

Federico

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:40 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2015 8:01 AM in response to federico186

Hi federico186,

It is hard to say what could cause that but I would start with the article below to troubleshoot issues with your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. It will have you check for interference as well as battery life that could be causing the disconnects and reconnect issues.

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3048

Take it easy,

-Norm G.

Feb 6, 2015 8:13 AM in response to norm123

Thank you for your reply Norm, but I know I cannot solve the disconnection problem, it will always happen from time to time. What I really want to know is how to make my Mac automatically reconnect, without me having to tell it to connect again.

I would like my Mac to do this action -> IF connection to the mouse is lost THEN try to reconnect to it without any other user input.

thank you again

Federico

how to reconnect mouse automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.