Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad2 too slow even worst after ios 8.1.3 downloading just 7kbs!!

My ipad 2 is very very slow loading after ios 8 even worst after ios 8.1.3 wifi keep disconnecting and download just 7kbps and keep refreshing too!!!

SO frustrated!

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:07 AM

7 replies

Feb 6, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Kidzland

Good day Kidzland,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you're seeing slow loading and disconnecting on your iPad 2, even after updating to iOS 8.1.3.

It does sound like a frustrating situation, and these article offers some troubleshooting tips and information that can help resolve the behavior:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Feb 17, 2015 2:27 AM in response to jeremy_v

I Also have the same issue, quite frankly I am sick to death of having to wait for and then apply update agter update to have the same problems. Brig. Back IOS 7 for those with IPAD2.

i Bought and used mine for a couple of years with no problems until 8 came along, I loved the speed and reliability of it until now. I am very much over it and certainly will not be upgrading to a 3, if another Apple product at all.

MY windows laptop flies on the same wifi network my Ipad struggles with, or switching across to GSM is pathetic aswell. Neither the wifi or network have changed, just ios 8 cureently on IOS 8.1.3 and still worse than dial up.

Mar 3, 2015 1:43 PM in response to melaniefromshrewsbury

yes - I concur. I held off an upgrade to iOS8 as I had heard of problems running on older hardware (such as the iPad2), but I was convinced to upgrade when I read that 8.1.2 (I think) was addressing issues of performance on iPad2 and iPhone 4S.

Once I upgraded, I definitely found a deterioration in performance when compared to iOS7. Yes - it is still usable, but it just not as slick as it used to be, and there are sometimes slight pauses which is not the experience I had prior to the upgrade. I am tempted to buy an iPad Air2, but I was really hoping I would get another year out of my iPad2.

Mar 17, 2015 8:37 PM in response to jeremy_v

Since IOS 8, my wifi download speed is awful 8.1.3 is even worse. this is on my IPAD2. It is not my WIFI router, I have newer Apple products pushing downloads at 60MPS, mine used to push 30MPS downloads. Now when Imtest download speeds I get like 3-4 MPS. When are you going to fix this? I tEstes my other Apple pads and they push downloads fast. this is not a problem with my Router. This is a problem with IOS 8 and higher. Let us put IOS 7 back on.

May 3, 2015 7:38 AM in response to jeremy_v

I have been on Mac since 1987, and I have never been as frustrated with Apple as I am now since Tim Cook became CEO. Bugs abound in MacOS and iOS. I can't downgrade because the former Operating Systems disappear. For the first time in over 25 years I am looking seriously at the other platform. If my software has versions which run on Windows I'll be migrating to that OS. This includes getting rid of my iPad, MacBook Pro, MacPro towers, and iMacs. I'm fed up with Tim Cook telling me which MacOS or iOS version is best for me, and removing access to former versions. Steve Jobs cannot come back this time to save the company.

May 11, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Kidzland

I'm another frustrated/angry user that feels betrayed by Apple with this update. Apple should have warned us the price we were about to pay for the new features in iOS 8. If only I had known that my device would turn into a useless brick I would have gladly sticked to iOS 7.

The only explanation to Apple's decision not to allow us to roll back is their hope that we will spend another 500 bucks on a new device. What a scam, bring back iOS 7 to iPad 2 and iPhone 4S!!!

My ipad2 too slow even worst after ios 8.1.3 downloading just 7kbs!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.