Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented on AppleTV, Why can't I find on my IPad

I rented a movie on Apple TV, and watched it. My son wants to watch on my Ipad, but it only gives me the choice to rent it again. I still have 8 hours left to watch. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 9:22 AM

Have him watch it on the Apple TV. You can only watch a rental on the device that it's been rented from, unless it's a computer.

8 replies

Feb 4, 2015 1:24 PM in response to kurvz

FAQs about renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Where can I watch movies that I rented?

• Mac or PC
  • iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (with iOS 3.1.3 or later)
  • iPod classic, iPod nano (3rd, 4th, or 5th generation)
  • TV using Apple TV

Watch your movie on the device you used to rent it. If you rented the movie on your computer, you can move it to an iOS device or Apple TV (1st generation). To do this, connect the devices and sync using USB. When you move a rented movie from your computer, it will disappear from your computer’s iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as much as you want, but you can only have it on one device at a time.

If you rented the movie on your iOS device or Apple TV, you can’t move it to any other device.

To watch an HD movie, you need to play it on a supported device: your computer, iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or TV using Apple TV.

You can’t stream a rented movie from your computer to your Apple TV using AirPlay because it’s DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected content.

Mar 27, 2016 11:51 AM in response to kurvz

If you rent a movie on your Apple TV or iOS device you cannot move the movie to watch it anywhere else. If you rent it on your iOS device once it’s fully downloaded you can AirPlay it to your Apple TV, same thing if you rented it on your computer. However if you rent something on your Apple TV, that is where you have to watch it. About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Rented on AppleTV, Why can't I find on my IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.