Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help! My battery won't charge. Not sure if this is my battery or the charger causing the problem.

I recently came down to Costa Rica to do some work abroad and last week my battery display showed it wouldn't charge higher than 15%. I've kept the charger plugged in to avoid a total shut down and everytime I do unplug I lose power. I'm not sure if this is my battery or the charger that is faulty. I'm now at 8% power and freaking out as I have work to do and I'm nowhere near an apple store or certified repair shop. I can keep my charger plugged in but must find a solution. A new charger or battery can possibly be brought to me from San Jose but I must know asap to request the product.

Any help is SOOO greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.

Some Details on my computer...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 8:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2015 1:05 PM in response to my ginger

Thank you. This is scary for me as my work / computer seems totally in limbo. Can you please advise what kind of battery model do I need for replacement? After reading through the links I think it's the battery not the charger. I don't feel comfortable doing the reset as my power is at 3% and I don't know if it will come back on.

Feb 4, 2015 1:19 PM in response to Riyaana

Hi Riyanna. Do you have the mag safe power cord with you and will it turn on with it? With it plugged in you should be able to go to the top right screen menu and click on battery. It should say power source power adapter. It maybe grayed out , but that is ok. That means your power adapter is working. Then it will not hurt to run the SMC reset or pram reset. The other thing is if you are using an Aplle power supply there will be a green light showing on it.

Please Help! My battery won't charge. Not sure if this is my battery or the charger causing the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.