Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says music is on iPhone, but iPhone says no content

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find my problem after hours searching online.

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.6, with the latest iTunes.

Today I wanted to free up some space by redownloading my high bit rate songs to my iPhone. So, I delted all the ones that were 1411 kbps off my phone, and everything was fine. That was until I tried to readd one of them, and it immediately wiped all the music off my phone. In the summary of my iPhone settings on iTunes, I now have 7.97 GB free, and no songs. On my phone, it says there is no content. However, looking at the on my device listing, under music, it still lists all 1326 songs that were previously on the phone, and the song I tried to add is listed in grey, as being waited to download.

How can I fix the missing music, and prevent this in the future?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 11:23 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 8:44 PM in response to collinsc44

This was driving me nuts, but I've just worked it out. You need to go to your phone General Settings & go to Languages. Click another language - eg, from English to English (Australia). Once your phone has reset the preference, you will find that the music has disappeared. Then go back & reset to your language original preference.

Hope it works for you.

iTunes says music is on iPhone, but iPhone says no content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.