Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Producer keeps asking to update

I've been having a badge for iTunes producer show up on the MacApp store for quite a while now.

No matter how many times I click on update, it always returns asking me to update again.

Today I found out something else about this issue thats just plain silly.

Everytime i click on the update button, I get that it was last updated:

User uploaded file

Here you can see the last time I clicked on the update button was Jan 30th. Same version, same features. I clicked on it again a few minutes ago today and not I have:

User uploaded file

So now the last update time was today. Yet again MacApp store shows that iTunes Producer is available for Updating, so I click on it again:

User uploaded file

It just keeps going and going, and going...

What can I do? :-)

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Late 2012

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 1:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2015 5:37 PM in response to santiagofrommiami

1. Search "This Mac" in the Finder for outdated copies of the app(s) that keep being updated. Delete any you find. Make sure the search scope is "This Mac" or you may miss some.

2. If the search results seem to be inaccurate, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you try to search now, there will be an indication that indexing is in progress.

3. If the above steps don't resolve the problem, back up all data, then quit each app in question and uninstall it by following the instructions on this page. Alternatively, you can drag it from the Applications folder to the Trash, and empty. The data files you created will be preserved. Verify in Spotlight that there are now no copies of the app on your system. Download it from your Purchases history in the App Store.

iTunes Producer keeps asking to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.