Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email problem after upgrading to ios 8.1.3

After upgrading to ios 8.1.3 my wife and I are having problems with our separate iPods downloading email messages from our Hotmail accounts. Synchronisation can be slow, sometimes doesn't happen, and at other times the header information downloads but a message says the content could not be downloaded from the server. Swiping down to do an email refresh doesn't solve it. Closing down the email app and switching the iPod off and on does cause the message to download properly. Of course it could be a MSN/Hotmail problem, but it seems suspicious it has coincided with the 8.1.3 upgrade. As a cold reboot solves the problem, I think it is a problem with ios 8.1.3.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 2:43 PM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2015 1:10 PM in response to WebApp41

I have this exact problem with gmail and have been unable to solve it. I checked my account, smtp settings, everything is as it should be. I deleted my account (twice!), and then added it back in. No help.

The problem however didn't appear right away for me on my ipad (3e gen). It occurred rather spontaneously in the last week of february.

Strangely, it recognizes my account, and I can send e-mails with it. So the problems seems to be on the receiving side. It recognizes the structure of my gmail, but all the folders are empty. On my iphone 5 I do not have this problem.

My workaround for now: download the google gmail app and use that to check my mail. Sending still works with the ipad mail app. But it is frustrating not being able to use this to receive mail.

email problem after upgrading to ios 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.