Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream no working properly on PC

Hello,

On my PC in my iCloud Photos folder there is a Shared folder containing all of my Shared albums. But no photos are visible within these albums? Why is this and how can I fix it?

Also within my iCloud Photos folder is a My Photo Stream folder. This folder only contains some of my photos not all. Again how do I rectify this?

Your help is much appreciated.

iPhone 5s, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Jadesylvia

Hi Jadesylvia,

I see that you are experiencing some issues with albums in your iCloud Photo Stream. Use the information in the article below to help you troubleshoot this issue further:

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-la/HT203511

I added some photos to My Photo Stream on my Windows PC, but they don't appear in the Recently Added album or My Photo Stream album on any of my devices.

1. To see if your computer and other devices are online, try to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, iCloud Photos can't send or receive updates from My Photo Stream. You might need to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your PC, Mac, or iOS devices.
  2. On your computer, open iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel) and make sure that you're signed in to the same iCloud account that you're using on your other supported devices.
    • In Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen, click the down arrow User uploaded file in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
    • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, and click the iCloud tile.
    • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Click the Options button and make sure that My Photo Stream is turned on.
  4. Close and reopen iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
  5. Restart your computer.

Make sure that you used one of the methods below to add photos to My Photo Stream with iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel) on your Windows PC.

Add the photos using the Add Photos button in iCloud Photos:

1. Open a File Explorer window (Windows 8 or 8.1) or Windows Explorer window (Windows 7).
  2. Under the Favorites menu, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Double-click My Photo Stream.
  4. Click Add photos.
  5. Select the photos that you'd like to add and click OK.

Or you can copy photos from a folder to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder:

1. Confirm the location of your Uploads folder.
  2. Open iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
    • In Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen, click the down arrow User uploaded file in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
    • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
    • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Click the Options button next to iCloud Photos.
  4. Open a File Explorer window (Windows 8 or 8.1) or Windows Explorer window (Windows 7).
  5. Go to the iCloud Photos folder location listed in iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
  6. Open the Uploads folder.
  7. Open the folder that contains the photos that you want to add to My Photo Stream.
  8. Copy them into the Uploads folder.

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Photostream no working properly on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.