Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audible book location doesn't transfer from Audible App to itunes.

I like to use Audible App to listen to my Audible books. I do not use itunes because the scrubbing feature is extremely poor and the books do not get broken up into chapters. Scrubbing often throws you an hour either way, especially when it is a long file. So itunes is out for listening to books on my iphone or ipad.

So, I spend most of my time listening to books on my phone or ipad. The Audible App syncs to the last locatio i was listening to, so i can go back and forth between my ipad and iphone, no problem.

Sometimes, I want to listen to these books on my computer. Audible does not offer an app for the computer, they say, it should just work in your itunes.

However, itunes does not sync to the last known position in the file, likewise, audible wont know where you were in itunes.

is there a way to do this that i am not seeing? To go from audible app to itunes in my computer with it sync'd?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 2:05 PM

Try their Cloud Player, you can listen to your books right from the Audible.com website AND it will pickup and resume with your listening positions!

The Audible Cloud Player

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4304

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:44 PM in response to r0bd

I have a mac,

When you go to the mac download it says this....

Mac users using iTunes do not need to download any additional software.

Audible files will download directly into iTunes

Which is obviously a problem, the positions are not saved between the audible pplayer on the iphone and itunes. I would have to use the itunes player, and it has horrible functionality.

Jul 12, 2016 11:40 PM in response to Newtron14615

This problem is real. It has not been solved or even attended to for a long time now. If you check google search results one will see that it's been a problem to users for 4+ years now - almost all Mac users are also Amazon/Audible clients. The solution to use the Audible Cloud Player is a half-baked one. One would expect a much more elegant solution from both Apple & Amazon.

Anyone out there who can do a software tweak to iTunes to make it a better player? Make it work like the Audible player - showing chapters, bookmarks, last heard position sync etc?

I guess not - Apple was never known for bothering with user requests. They decide what the user want/need and that's that. End of discussion - no further evolving from that. No listening to user input.

So Amazon, are you in essence the same? Are you in your core also ignorant of the little foxes that spoil the vines?

Or will you build us a proper Audible app for Mac? I am using the one for PC and it works (& sinch) well.

Common guys. Stop being so stubborn. Just fix it, will you! Not next week. Not tomorrow. I want it done pronto.

Audible book location doesn't transfer from Audible App to itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.