Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 11 removing facebook albums

when uploading photos from sony powershot to iphoto11, messages appeared saying several of my facebook photo albums were removed..what???why is this happening..i need to use these photos to make a living..not acceptable!! i am afraid to upload any more..

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), canon SX50 HS

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 9:29 PM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2015 9:37 PM in response to weeskee

What version of iPhoto? Details are critical

As documented Facebook and iphoto sync (stay the same) - so if you remover photos from either place they are also removed from the other place - di you delete these photos in either iphoto or FB?

If you do not want syncing then you should not be using iphoto to upload as that is how it works

LN

May 4, 2016 1:23 PM in response to weeskee

Dear Weeskee,

Did you ever get any solution to this problem? I just had this happen today when I tried to upload a single photo from my photo library to Facebook. After I pushed the upload to Facebook button, an iPhoto pop up appeared saying that a Facebook Album had been deleted, then when I closed that pop-up, another one instantly appeared saying another FB album had been deleted. I was horrified and went over to FB and sure enough, both titled albums were gone. I'm really mad, like not a little mad. I'm due for a computer laptop and iPhone upgrade and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that makes me want to go back to regular PCs and droids. Why the heck would trying to add a photo to FB result in a deletion of two FB albums. While the photos may still be in my computer library somewhere, they are not in the titled album as they were on Facebook.

Like you, I was not deleting anything, I was adding one silly photo, and it didn't have anything to do with the other albums which were deleted.

I went and took a class (five years in) on my iPhone a few months ago at the Apple Store because I was having so much trouble with the iphoto/cloud/etc and picture deletion, and while the teacher was Apple-snarky, I did learn some of the nuances that were messing me up. Problem is, why do they make it so complicated and when you need help, you have to have four pages of instructions and videos? I still can't upgrade my system because the iCloud and Photo issue is still in limbo. And I don't want to lose my pictures!

This whole thing has soured me once again, after being an Apple lover and defender for many years. I am so losing the love. And my son's Honor Society Induction album is also gone, as well. The first one deleted was the album of my cat's adoption. Honestly, I am so annoyed. Grrr..

Please let me know if you found any resolution to the problem you had.

Thank you,

capecodlady8

May 5, 2016 5:38 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks, Larry. I actually was not deleting anything at the time. I was trying to upload a single photo from my iPhoto Photo Library to my Facebook page. I do not know how or why the other full FB albums were signaled for deletion. It wasn't from my keystrokes or actions. It was random. And it appeared it was going to keep going one after another, too. I'm my panic, I shut off iPhoto so it wouldn't continue its deletion mode. Then I checked Facebook and sure enough, the two listed albums were gone. Along with all the photos and comments.

Any ideas? Seems like the OP here had the same issue. I wish there had been an update. I realized after I posted that this original question was a year old.

iphoto 11 removing facebook albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.