Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 5 battery drain so quickly?

I have iOS 8.1.3. My battery goes from 100% to 1% within an hour. This morning I used it to check the iPhone weather app then spoke to my wife for 10 minutes. When I got to work it had drained to 0%. I plugged it in to charge, and when it turned back on, it jumped to 45%. The battery percentages are quite erratic. It often jumps between 30% straight down to 1%, and on charge, vice versa.

I have checked the battery usage and it is showing a number of apps as having low signal. I am on EE and have constant network coverage issues so wonder whether that drains the battery. My 42 minute train communte from West Byfleet to waterloo is on a really badly covered network area, so I have stopped using the phone during this time.

I have reduced brightness to half way and turned location services off for most apps other than maps etc whilst using.

Things I will try now are turning off background app refresh, but I'm sure there is a more fundamental issue with the battery.

Any insights greatly received.

Rob

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 1:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Rob Macp

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

Also take a look at this page about battery drainage

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Why does my iPhone 5 battery drain so quickly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.