Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook infected with fast-ads.us popup virus

my macbook is infected with fast-ads.us pop us virus, have tried almost each and everything mentioned on this forum and net, run different malware programes, it detected cinema pro as malware, removed it, but still issue

than ran norton and avg anti virus, nothing detected, deleted each and every plugin but still having this pop up virus

virus detail, when a new site is opened in chrome or safari, it shows popup with different sites

i can even browse net coz of this malware, virus, some one help get out of this. im really frustrated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 12:14 AM

35 replies

Feb 5, 2015 1:50 AM in response to fsmobilez

OK FSM,

Next step would be to go to the Safari Preferences and remove all the plugins that you have. Write them down as you remove them, until all have been removed. Then reboot the Mac. Restart Safari. See if the problem is still there.

If it is, download and run ClamXav on your HD. It is native to Apple, and part of it already activated to scan your mail. Follow the correct procedures as in this document to remove the malware.

If it is, you can add your plugins one by one, until the problem re-occurs. Then you have the culprit

Have fun

Leo

Feb 5, 2015 3:19 AM in response to fsmobilez

fsmobilez wrote:

already tried adware medic one week before and as mentioned above it detected cinema pro as malware and removed it but still im geting pop up issue

In that case, your current pop-up problem is either not being caused by adware, or it's being caused by new adware that AdwareMedic doesn't recognize yet. Either way, some further solutions can be found here:

http://www.adwaremedic.com/kb/unsolved.php

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com, in the form of buttons allowing for donations. Donations are not required to use my site or software.)

Feb 5, 2015 7:41 PM in response to fsmobilez

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem. But with the aid of the test results, the solution may take a few minutes, instead of hours or days.

Don't be put off by the complexity of these instructions. The process is much less complicated than the description. You do harder tasks with the computer all the time.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. As I wrote above, it changes nothing. It doesn't send or receive any data on the network. All it does is to generate a human-readable report on the state of the computer. That report goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. If you prefer, you can act on it yourself without disclosing the contents to me or anyone else.

You should be wondering whether you can believe me, and whether it's safe to run a program at the behest of a stranger. In general, no, it's not safe and I don't encourage it.

In this case, however, there are a couple of ways for you to decide whether the program is safe without having to trust me. First, you can read it. Unlike an application that you download and click to run, it's transparent, so anyone with the necessary skill can verify what it does.

You may not be able to understand the script yourself. But variations of it have been posted on this website thousands of times over a period of years. The site is hosted by Apple, which does not allow it to be used to distribute harmful software. Any one of the millions of registered users could have read the script and raised the alarm if it was harmful. Then I would not be here now and you would not be reading this message. See, for example, this discussion.

Nevertheless, if you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.

4. Here's a summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:

☞ Copy a line of text in this window to the Clipboard.

☞ Paste into the window of another application.

☞ Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.

☞ Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.

The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time. Details follow.

5. Try to test under conditions that reproduce the problem, as far as possible. For example, if the computer is sometimes, but not always, slow, run the test during a slowdown.

You may have started up in "safe" mode. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

6. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.

7. The script is a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, though you may not see all of it in the browser window, and you can then copy it. If you try to select the line by dragging across the part you can see, you won't get all of it.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/libexec;clear;cd;p=(1206 ' 0.5 0.25 1000 1000 15 5120 1000 25000 1 1 0 100 ' 51 25600 4 10 25 5120 102400 1000 25 100 80 20 500 300 85 25 20480 1024 20 2000 );k=({Soft,Hard}ware Memory Diagnostics Power FireWire Thunderbolt USB Bluetooth SerialATA Extensions Applications Frameworks PrefPane Fonts Displays CFBundleIdentifier OSBundleRequired PlistBuddy{,' 2>&1'}' -c Print' 'Info\.plist' 'com\.apple\.' -\\t N\\/A 'AES|atr|udit|msa|dnse|ax|ensh|fami|FileS|fing|ft[pw]|gedC|kdu|etS|is\.|alk|ODSA|otp|htt|pcas|ps-lp|rexe|rlo|rsh|smb|snm|teln|upd-[aw]|uuc|vix|webf' );f=('\n%s'{': ','\n\n'}'%s\n' '\nRAM details\n%s\n' %s\ %s '%s\n'"${k[22]}"'%s\n' {Privacy,Mode}': %s\n' '\n ...and %s more line(s)\n' 'RSSI: %s\nNoise: %s\nTx rate: %s\n' '\nContents of %s\n '"${k[22]}"'mod date: %s\n '"${k[22]}"'checksum: %s\n%s\n' '%d MB: %s\n' );b=(com.adobe.{AAM.Updater-1.0{,},AdobeCreativeCloud,CS{4,5}ServiceManager,fpsaud,SwitchBoard{,}} ${k[21]}{aelwriter,{AirPortBaseSt,SafariNotific}ationAgent,FolderActions.enabled,installer.osmessagetracing,mrt.uiagent,ReportCrash.Self,{rp,usb}muxd} com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate com.google.keystone.daemon com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper com.oracle.java.{Helper-Tool,JavaUpdateHelper{,}} org.macosforge.xquartz.{privileged_{,},}startx );c=(879294308 4071182229 461455494 3627668074 1083382502 1274181950 1855907737 2758863019 1848501757 464843899 2636415542 3694147963 1233118628 2456546649 2806998573 2778718105 842973933 2051385900 3301885676 891055588 695903914 1443423563 4136085286 523110921 2883943871 3873345487 );s=(' s/[0-9A-Za-z._]+@[0-9A-Za-z.]+\.[0-9A-Za-z]{2,4}/EMAIL/g;/faceb/s/(at\.)[^.]+/\1NAME/g;/\/Shared/!s/(\/Users\/)[^ /]+/\1USER/g;s/[-0-9A-Fa-f]{22,}/UUID/g;' ' s/^ +//;/de: S|[nst]:/p;' ' {sub(/^ +/,"")};/er:/;/y:/&&$2<'${p[4]} ' 1s/://;3,6d;/[my].+:/d;s/^ {4}//;H;${ g;s/\n$//;/s: (E[^m]|[^EO])|x([^08]|02[^F]|8[^0])/p;} ' ' 5h;6{ H;g;/P/!p;} ' ' ($1~/^Cy/&&$3>'${p[9]}')||($1~/^Cond/&&$2!~/^N/) ' ' /:$/{ N;/:.+:/d;s/ *://;b0'$'\n'' };/^ *(V.+ [0N]|Man).+ /{ s/ 0x.... //;s/[()]//g;s/(.+: )(.+)/ (\2)/;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;s/\n\n//;/Apple[ ,]|Genesy|Intel|SMSC/d;s/\n.*//;/\)$/p;' ' s/^.*C/C/;H;${ g;/No th|pms/!p;} ' '/= [^GO]/p' '{$1=""};1' ' /Of/!{ s/^.+is |\.//g;p;} ' ' BEGIN { FS=":";if(system("sw_vers -productVersion|grep -q ^10\.1")) d="^'"${k[21]}"'launch(d\.peruser\.[0-9]+|ctl\.(Aqua|Background|System))$";} { if($2~/[1-9]/) { $2="status: "$2;printf("'"${f[4]}"'",$1,$2);} else if(!d||$1!~d) print $1;} ' ' { sub(/ :/,"");print|"tail -n'${p[10]}'";} ' ' NR==2&&$4<='${p[7]}' { print $4;} ' ' END { $2/=256;if($2>='${p[19]}') print int($2) } ' '|grep DYLD' ' { q=$1;$1="";u=$NF;$NF="";gsub(/ +$/,"");print q":"$0":"u;} ' ' /^ {6}[^ ]/d;s/:$//;/([^ey]|[^n]e):/d;/e: Y/d;s/: Y.+//g;H;${ g;s/ \n (\n)/\1/g;s/\n +(M[^ ]+)[ -~]+/ (\1)/;s/\n$//;/( {8}[^ ].*){2,}/p;} ' 's:^:/:p;' ' !/ /{print};END{if(NR<'{${p[12]},${p[13]}}')printf("^'"${k[21]}"'")} ' '|uniq' ' 1;END { if(NR<'{${p[14]},${p[21]}}') printf("^/S");} ' ' /\.(framew|lproj)|\):/d;/plist:|:.+(Mach|scrip)/s/:.+//p;' '&&echo On' '/\.(bundle|component|framework|kext|mdimporter|plugin|qlgenerator|saver|wdgt)$/p' '/\.dylib$/p' ' /Temp|emac/{next};/(etc|Preferences|Launch[AD].+)\// { sub(".","");print;} END { split("'"${b[*]}"'",b);split("'"${c[*]}"'",c);for(i in b) print b[i]".plist\t"c[i];} ' ' /^\/(Ap|Dev|Inc|Prev)/d;/((iTu|ok).+dle|\.(component|mailbundle|mdimporter|plugin|qlgenerator|saver|wdgt))$/p;' ' { gsub(/[()"]/,"",$3);if($2!="="||!$3) $3="N/A";print $3;} ' ' /^\// { sub("/dev/","",$1);printf("%s: %s\n",$1,$9);} ' '>&-||echo No' '{print $3"\t"$1}' 's/\'$'\t''.+//p' 's/1/On/p' '/Prox.+: [^0]/p' '$2>'${p[2]}'{$2=$2-1;print}' ' BEGIN { i="'${p[6]}'";M1='${p[16]}';M2='${p[18]}';M3='${p[8]}';M4='${p[3]}';} !/^A/{next};/%/ { getline;if($5<M1) a="user "$2"%, system "$4"%";} /disk0/&&$4>M2 { b=$3" ops/s, "$4" blocks/s";} $2==i { if(c) { d=$3+$4+$5+$6;next;};if($4>M3||$6>M4) c=int($4/1024)" in, "int($6/1024)" out";} END { if(a) print "CPU: "a;if(b) print "I/O: "b;if(c) print "Net: "c" (KiB/s)";if(d) print "Net errors: "d" packets/s";} ' ' /r\[0\] /&&$NF!~/^1(0|72\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])|92\.168)\./ { print $NF;exit;} ' ' !/^T/ { printf "(static)";exit;} ' '/apsd|BKAg|OpenD/!s/:.+//p' ' (/k:/&& $3!~/(255\.){3}0/)||(/v6:/&&$2!~/A/) ' ' $1=="op" {m=$3};$1~"lN" {N=$2};$1~"lR" {S=$2};$1~"Tx" {T=$2};$1~/^st/ {s=$2};$1~"li"&&$3!~"wpa2" {printf("'"${f[5]}"'",toupper($3))};END { if(S*N*T&&(S-N<'${p[5]}'||T<'${p[20]}')) printf("'"${f[8]}"'",S,N,T);if(s~/^r/&&m!~/^st/) printf("'"${f[6]}"'",m);} ' ' BEGIN { FS=":";p="sort|uniq -c|tail -n'${p[6]}'";} { n=split($3,a,".");sub(/_2[01].+/,"",$3);print $2" "$3" "a[n]$1|p;b=b$1;} END { close(p);if(b) print("\n\t* Code injection");} ' ' BEGIN { split("'"${p[1]}"'",m);FS=":";} $2<=m[$1]{next} $1<9 { o[$1]=o[$1]"\n "$3" (UID "$4"): "$2;} $1==9&&$5!~"^/dev" { o[$1]=o[$1]"\n "$3" (UID "$4") => "$5" (status "$6"): "$2;} $1==10&&$5 { p="ps -c -ocomm -p"$5"|sed 1d";p|getline n;close(p);if(n) $5=n;o[$1]=o[$1]"\n "$5" => "$3" UID ("$4"): "$2;} $1~/1[12]/ { o[$1]=o[$1]"\n "$3" (UID "$4", error "$5"): "$2;} END { u1="Mb/s";u2="per sec";u3="us/s";u4="KiB/s";u5="%";u6="total";u7="MB";u8="ports";u[1]=u1;u[2]=u1;u[3]=u3;u[4]=u4;u[5]=u5;u[6]=u6;u[7]=u7;u[8]=u8;u[9]=u2;u[10]=u2;u[11]=u2;u[12]=u2;l[1]="Net in";l[2]="Net out";l[3]="I/O wait time";l[4]="I/O requests";l[5]="CPU usage";l[6]="Open files";l[7]="Memory";l[8]="Mach ports";l[9]="File opens";l[10]="Forks";l[11]="Failed forks";l[12]="System errors";for(i in o) print "\n"l[i]" ("u[i]")\n"o[i];} ' ' END{if($3~/[0-9]/)print$3} ' ' BEGIN { L='${p[17]}';} !/^[[:space:]]*(#.*)?$/ { l++;if(l<=L) f=f"\n "$0;} END { F=FILENAME;if(!F) exit;if(!f) f="\n [N/A]";"cksum "F|getline C;split(C, A);C=A[1];"stat -f%Sm "F|getline D;"file -b "F|getline T;if(T~/^Apple b/) { f="";l=0;while("'"${k[18]}"' "F|getline g) { l++;if(l<=L) f=f"\n "g;};};if(T!~/^(AS.+ (En.+ )?text(, with v.+)?$|(Bo|PO).+ sh.+ text ex|XM)/) F=F"\n '"${k[22]}"'"T;printf("'"${f[9]}"'",F,D,C,f);if(l>L) printf("'"${f[7]}"'",l-L);} ' ' s/^ ?n...://p;s/^ ?p...:/-'$'\t''/p;' 's/0/Off/p' 's/^.{52}(.+) <.+/\1/p' ' /id: N|te: Y/{i++} END{print i} ' ' /kext:/ { split($0,a,":");s=system("'"${k[18]}"'\\ :'${k[17]}' \""a[1]"\"/*/I*|grep -q Sa");if(!s) a[1]=a[1]" S";if(!a[2]) a[2]="'"${k[23]}"'";printf("'"${f[4]}"'",a[1],a[2]);next;} !/^ *$/ { p="'"${k[19]}"'\\ :'"${k[16]}"' \""$0"\"/*/'${k[20]}'";p|getline b;close(p);if(b~/ /||b=="") b="'"${k[23]}"'";printf("'"${f[4]}"'",$0,b);} ' '/ en/!s/\.//p' ' NR>=13 { gsub(/[^0-9]/,"",$1);print;} ' ' $10~/\(L/&&$9!~"localhost" { sub(/.+:/,"",$9);print $1": "$9|"sort|uniq";} ' '/^ +r/s/.+"(.+)".+/\1/p' 's/(.+\.wdgt)\/(Contents\/)?'${k[20]}'$/\1/p' 's/^.+\/(.+)\.wdgt$/\1/p' ' /l: /{ /DVD/d;s/.+: //;b0'$'\n'' };/s: /{ /V/d;s/^ */- /;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;/APPLE [^:]+$/d;p;' '/^find: /!p;' ' /^p/{ s/.//g;x;s/\nu/:/;s/(\n)c/\1:/;s/\n\n//;p;};H;' ' BEGIN{FS="= "} /Path/{print $2} ' ' /^ *$/d;s/^ */ /;p;' ' s/^.+ |\(.+\)$//g;p;' '1;END{if(NR<'${p[15]}')printf("^/(S|usr/(X|li))")}' ' /2/{print "WARN"};/4/{print "CRITICAL"};' ' /EVHF|MACR|^s/d;s/^.+: //p;' ' $3~/^[1-9][0-9]{0,2}(\.[1-9][0-9]{0,2}){2}$/ { i++;n=n"\n"$1"\t"$3;} END{ if(i>1)print n} ' s/{':[^:]+$','P.+:'}'//;s/ +([0-9]+)(.+)/\2: \1/p' ' /es: ./{ s/^.+://;b0'$'\n'' };/^ +C.+ted: +[NY]/H;/:$/b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;/: +N/d;s/\n.+//p;' ' 1d;/:$/b0'$'\n'' $b0'$'\n'' /(D|^ *Loc.+): /{ s/^.+: //;H;};/(B2|m): /H;d;:0'$'\n'' x;/[my]: [AM]|^\/Vo/d;s/(^|\n) [ -~]+//g;s/(.+)\n(.+)/\2:\1/;s/\n//g;/[ -~]/p;' 's/$/:(0|-(4[34])?)$/p' '|sort'{'|uniq'{,\ -c},\ -nr} ' s/^/'{5,6,7,8}':/;s/ *: */:/g;p;' '/e:/{print $2}' ' /^[(]/{ s/....//;s/$/:/;N;/: [)]$/d;s/\n.+ ([^ ]+).$/\1/;H;};${ g;p;} ' 's/:.+$//p' '|wc -l' /{\\.{kext,xpc,'(appex|pluginkit)'}'\/(Contents\/)?'Info,'Launch[AD].+'}'\.plist$/p' 's/([-+.?])/\\\1/g;p' 's/, /\'$'\n/g;p' ' BEGIN{FS=":"} { printf("'"${f[10]}"'",$1/1048576,$2);} ' ' /= D/'{'&&$1!~/'${k[24]}/,}' { getline d;if(d~"t") D=D"\n"$1;} END { print D;} ' ' NR>1&&$3!~/0x|\.([0-9]{3,}|[-0-9A-F]{36})$/ { print $3":"$2;} ' );c1=(system_profiler pmset\ -g nvram fdesetup find syslog df vm_stat sar ps crontab kextfind top pkgutil "${k[18]}\\" echo cksum kextstat launchctl smcDiagnose sysctl\ -n defaults\ read stat lsbom 'mdfind -onlyin /' env pluginkit scutil 'dtrace -q -n' profiles sed\ -En awk /S*/*/P*/*/*/C*/*/airport networksetup mdutil lsof test osascript\ -e netstat mdls route );c2=(${k[21]}loginwindow\ LoginHook ' /L*/P*/loginw*' "'tell app \"System Events\" to get properties of login items'" 'L*/Ca*/'${k[21]}'Saf*/E* -d 2 -name '${k[20]} '~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \)' -i '-nl -print' '-F \$Sender -k Level Nle 3 -k Facility CReq "apple\.(bird|i?clou)"' '{/,}L*/{Con,Pref}* -type f ! -size 0 -name *.plist -exec plutil -s {} \;' "-f'%N: %l' Desktop L*/Keyc*" therm sysload boot-args status " -F '\$Time \$(RefProc): \$Message' -k Sender Req 'fsev|kern|launchd' -k RefProc Rne 'Aq|WebK' -k Message Rne '08012|Goog|ksadm|probe|Roame|SMC:|smcD|sserti|suhel| VALI|ver-r|xpma' -k Message Req 'abn|bad |Beac|caug|corru|dead[^bl]|FAIL|fail|GPU |hfs: Ru|idle ex|inval|jnl:|last value [1-9]|lv_c|NVDA\(|pagin|pci pa|proc: t|Roamed|rror|SL|TCON|Throttli|tim(ed? ?|ing )o|WARN' " '-du -n DEV -n EDEV 1 10' 'acrx -o%cpu,comm,ruid' "' syscall::recvfrom:return {@a[execname,uid]=sum(arg0)} syscall::sendto:return {@b[execname,uid]=sum(arg0)} syscall::open*:entry {@c[execname,uid,copyinstr(arg0),errno]=count()} syscall::execve:return, syscall::posix_spawn:return {@d[execname,uid,ppid]=count()} syscall::fork:return, syscall::vfork:return, syscall::posix_spawn:return /arg0 < 0/ {@e[execname,uid,arg0]=count()} syscall:::return /errno != 0/ {@f[execname,uid,errno]=count()} io:::wait-start {self->t=timestamp} io:::wait-done /self->t/ { this->T=timestamp - self->t;@g[execname,uid]=sum(this->T);self->t=0;} io:::start {@h[execname,uid]=sum(args[0]->b_bcount)} tick-10sec { normalize(@a,2560000);normalize(@b,2560000);normalize(@c,10);normalize(@d,10);normalize(@e,10);normalize(@f,10);normalize(@g,10000);normalize(@h,10240);printa(\"1:%@d:%s:%d\n\",@a);printa(\"2:%@d:%s:%d\n\",@b);printa(\"9:%@d:%s:%d:%s:%d\n\",@c);printa(\"10:%@d:%s:%d:%d\n\",@d);printa(\"11:%@d:%s:%d:%d\n\",@e);printa(\"12:%@d:%s:%d:%d\n\",@f);printa(\"3:%@d:%s:%d\n\",@g);printa(\"4:%@d:%s:%d\n\",@h);exit(0);} '" '-f -pfc /var/db/r*/'${k[21]}'*.{BS,Bas,Es,J,OSXU,Rem,up}*.bom' '{/,}L*/Lo*/Diag* -type f -regex .\*[cght] ! -name .?\* ! -name \*ag \( -exec grep -lq "^Thread c" {} \; -exec printf \* \; -o -true \) -execdir stat -f:%Sc:%N -t%F {} \;' '/S*/*/Ca*/*xpc*' '-L /{S*/,}L*/StartupItems -type f -exec file {} +' kMDItemContentTypeTree=${k[21]}{bundle,mach-o-dylib} :Label "/p*/e*/{aut*,{cron,fs}tab,hosts,{[lp],sy}*.conf,mach_i*/*,pam.d/*,ssh{,d}_config,*.local} {/p*,/usr/local}/e*/periodic/*/* /L*/P*{,/*}/com.a*.{Bo,sec*.ap}*t {/S*/,/,}L*/{Lau,Sec}*/*t .launchd.conf" list '-F "" -k Sender hidd -k Nle 3' /Library/Preferences/${k[21]}alf\ globalstate --proxy '-n get default' -I --dns -get{dnsservers,info} -P -m\ / '' -n1 '-R -ce -l1 -n5 -o'{'prt -stats prt','mem -stats mem'}',command,uid' -kl -l -s\ / '--regexp --files '${k[21]}'pkg.*' '+c0 -i4TCP:0-1023' ${k[21]}dashboard\ layer-gadgets '-d /L*/Mana*/$USER' '-app Safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled' '-Fcu +c0 -l' -m 'L*/{Con*/*/Data/L*/,}Pref* -type f -size 0c -name *.plist.???????' kern.memorystatus_vm_pressure_level '3>&1 >&- 2>&3' '-F \$Message -k Sender kernel -k Message CReq "'{'n Cause: -','a underr|I/O e'}'"' '-app Safari UserStyleSheetEnabled' -name\ kMDItem${k[16]} -T\ hfs '-n get default' -listnetworkserviceorder :${k[16]} :CFBundleDisplayName $EUID {,'/{S*/,}'}'L*/{,Co*/*/*/L*/}{Cache,Log}s $TMPDIR../C -type f -size +'${p[11]}'M -exec stat -f'%z:%N' {} \;' \ /v*/d*/*/*l*d{,.*.$UID}/* );N1=${#c2[@]};for j in {0..15};do c2[N1+j]=SP${k[j]}DataType;done;l=({Restricted\ ,Lock,Pro}files POST Battery {Safari,App,{Bad,Loaded}\ kernel}\ extensions Heat System\ load boot\ args FileVault Diagnostic\ reports Log {Free\ space,Swap}' (MiB)' Activity SMC Login\ hook 'I/O per process' 'High file counts' UID Daemons Agents XPC\ cache Startup\ items {Admin,Root}\ access Bundles {,Inserted\ }dylibs Stylesheet Font\ issues Firewall Proxies DNS TCP/IP Wi-Fi 'Elapsed time (sec)' {Root,User}\ crontab {Global,User}' login items' Spotlight Memory\ pressure Listeners Widgets Parental\ Controls Prefetching Nets Volumes Bad\ plists {I/O,iCloud,HID}\ errors Shutdown\ codes {User,System}\ {caches/logs,overrides} );N3=${#l[@]};for i in {0..8};do l[N3+i]=${k[5+i]};done;F() { local x="${s[$1]}";[[ "$x" =~ ^([\&\|\<\>]|$) ]]&&{ printf "$x";return; };:|${c1[30]} "$x" 2>&-;printf "%s \'%s\'" "|${c1[30+$?]}" "$x";};A0() { Q=6;v[2]=1;id -G|grep -qw 80;v[1]=$?;((v[1]))||{ Q=7;sudo -v;v[2]=$?;((v[2]))||Q=8;};v[3]=`date +%s`;date '+Start time: %T %D%n';printf '\n[Process started]\n\n'>&4;printf 'Revision: %s\n\n' ${p[0]};};A1() { local c="${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}";shift 2;c="$c ` while [[ "$1" ]];do F $1;shift;done`";((P2))&&{ c="sudo $c";P2=;};v=`eval "$c"`;[[ "$v" ]];};A2() { local c="${c1[$1]}";[[ "$c" =~ ^(awk|sed ) ]]&&c="$c '${s[$2]}'"||c="$c ${c2[$2]}";shift 2;local d=` while [[ "$1" ]];do F $1;shift;done`;((P2))&&{ c="sudo $c";P2=;};local a;v=` while read a;do eval "$c '$a' $d";done<<<"$v";`;[[ "$v" ]];};A3(){ v=$((`date +%s`-v[3]));};B1() { v=No;! ((v[1]))&&{ v=;P1=1;};};eval "`type -a B1|sed '1d;s/1/2/'`";B3(){ v[$1]="$v";};B4() { local i=$1;local j=$2;shift 2;local c="cat` while [[ "$1" ]];do F $1;shift;done`";v[j]=`eval "{ $c;}"<<<"${v[i]}"`;};B5(){ v[$1]="${v[$1]}"$'\n'"${v[$2]}";};B6() { v=` paste -d: <(printf "${v[$1]}") <(printf "${v[$2]}")|awk -F: ' {printf("'"${f[$3]}"'",$1,$2)} ' `;};B7(){ v=`grep -Ev "${v[$1]}"<<<"$v"|sort`;};eval "`type -a B7|sed '1d;s/7/8/;s/Ev/E/'`";C0() { [[ "$v" ]]&&sed -E "$s"<<<"$v";};C1() { [[ "$v" ]]&&printf "${f[$1]}" "${l[$2]}" "$v"|sed -E "$s";};C2() { v=`echo $v`;[[ "$v" != 0 ]]&&C1 0 $1;};C3() { B4 0 0 63&&C1 1 $1;};C4() { echo $'\t'"Part $((++P)) of $Q done at $((`date +%s`-v[3])) sec">&4;};C5() { sudo -k;pbcopy<<<"$o";printf '\n\tThe test results are on the Clipboard.\n\n\tPlease close this window.\n';exit 2>&-;};for i in 1 2;do eval D${i}0'(){ A'$i' $@;C0;};';for j in 2 3;do eval D$i$j'(){ x=$1;shift;A'$i' $@;C'$j' $x;};';done;done;trap C5 2;o=$({ A0;D10 0 N1+1 2;D10 0 $N1 1;B1;C2 27;B1&&! B2&&C2 28;D12 22 15 63;D10 0 N1+2 3;D10 0 N1+15 17;D13 3 0 N1+3 4;D13 4 0 N1+4 5;D13 N3+4 0 N1+9 59;for i in 0 1 2;do D13 N3+i 0 N1+5+i 6;done;D13 N3+3 0 N1+8 71;D13 9 1 10 7;D13 10 1 11 8;B2&&D13 18 19 53 67;D12 11 2 12 9;D12 12 3 13 10;D12 15 6 36 13;D12 45 20 52 66;D12 16 7 37 14;D13 17 8 15 38;D10 9 16 16 77 45;C4;B2&&D10 35 49 61 75 76 78 45;B2&&{ D10 28 17 45;C4;};D10 12 40 54 16 79 45;D10 12 39 54 16 80 45;D13 31 25 37 15;B2&&D13 19 21 0;B2&&D13 40 10 42;B2&&D12 2 29 35 46;D12 44 34 43 53;D12 25 22 20 32;D12 33 0 N1+14 51;D12 34 21 28 35;D13 35 27 29 36;A1 40 59 81;B3 18;A1 33 60 82;B8 18;B4 0 19 83;A1 27 32 39&&{ B3 20;B4 19 0;A2 33 33 40;B3 21;B6 20 21 3;};C2 36;D13 50 38 5 68;B4 19 0;D23 37 33 34 42;B2&&D13 46 35 45 55;D13 38 32 31 43;B2&&D13 59 4 65 76 91;D13 13 4 19 44;B1&&{ D13 53 5 55 75 69&&D13 51 6 58 31;D12 55 5 27 84; D13 56 5 54 75 70;D13 14 5 14 12;C4;};A1 13 44 74 18;C4;B3 4;B4 4 0 85;A2 14 61 89;B4 0 5 19;A1 17 41 20;B7 5;C3 8;B4 4 0 88;A2 14 24 89;C4;B4 0 6 19;B4 4 0 86;A2 14 61 89;B5 6 0;B4 6 6 73;B2&&{ A1 18 26 94;B7 6;B4 0 0 11;C3 23;};A1 18 26 94;B7 6;B4 0 0 11;C3 24;D13 60 14 66 92;D13 58 14 67 93;D13 26 4 21 24;D13 42 14 1 62;D13 43 37 2 90 48;D13 41 10 42;D12 48 36 47 25;A1 4 3 60&&{ B3 5;A2 14 61;B4 0 6 21;B4 5 0;A2 14 62;B4 0 0 21;B6 0 6 4;C3 5;};D12 32 21 56 35;D12 49 21 48 49;B4 4 22 57;A1 21 46 56;B7 22;B4 0 0 58;C3 47;D13 54 5 7 75 69;D13 57 4 64 76 91;D12 0 4 4 84;D12 1 4 51 84;D13 21 22 9 37;A1 23 18 28 89;B4 0 16 22;A1 16 25 33;B7 16;B4 0 0 34;D20 31 47;D13 52 4 8 41;C4;B4 4 12 26 89 23;for i in {0..3};do A1 0 N1+10+i 72;B7 12;B4 0 0 52;C3 N3+5+i;((i))||C4;done;A1 24 22 29;B7 12;B3 14;A2 39 57 30;B3 15;B6 14 15 4;C3 29;B4 4 13 27 89 65;A1 24 23;B7 13;C3 30;B4 4 0 87;A2 14 61 89 20;B4 0 16;A1 26 50 64;B7 16;C3 6;D13 7 11 6;A3; C2 39;C4;} 4>&2 2>/dev/null;);C5

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

8. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste by pressing command-V. The text you pasted should vanish immediately. If it doesn't, press the return key.

9. If you see an error message in the Terminal window such as "Syntax error" or "Event not found," enter

exec bash

and press return. Then paste the script again.

10. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. In most cases, the difference is not important. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, just press return three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.

11. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, a series of lines will appear in the Terminal window like this:

[Process started]

Part 1 of 8 done at … sec

Part 8 of 8 done at … sec

The results are on the Clipboard.

Please close this window.

[Process completed]

The intervals between parts won't be exactly equal, but they give a rough indication of progress. The total number of parts may be different from what's shown here.

Wait for the final message "Process completed" to appear. If you don't see it within about ten minutes, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, press the key combination control-C or command-period to stop it. Then go to the next step.

12. When the test is complete, or if you stopped it because it was taking too long, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

At the top of the results, there will be a line that begins with the words "Start time." If you don't see that, but instead see a mass of gibberish, you didn't wait for the "Process completed" message to appear in the Terminal window. Please wait for it and try again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

13. When you post the results, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "You are not authorized to post." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

14. This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak only for themselves, and I may not agree with them.

Copyright © 2014, 2015 by Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work, I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Use Agreement for the Apple Support Communities website ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

Feb 5, 2015 7:45 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc hope you can help,

I recently had problems with my wifi so i was given some advise of which i was told to delete pppoe, wifi worked as normal but everytime i went on my computer after this i had to wait like 5 minutes before the wifi connected, it also came up with could not find pppoe server and still does now.

I then went and brought an asus n900 router installed, iphone ipad etc connects but macbook will not.

The macbook has an exclamation mark over the wifi and sometimes its flashes for ages as if its trying to find the wifi it still comes up with cannot find pppoe server.

I have a fibre optic service which plugs in the wall socket and into the back of the router and then wifi is used around the house. The wifi did work but have i deleted somthing which has stopped it from working.

Hope you guys can help me also not very tech savy and dont want to pay to call someone out but prepared to try the fix myself as long as dont screw things up, laymens terms will help me. Also using os x yoshemite.

Cheers

Chris

Feb 5, 2015 7:56 PM in response to fsmobilez

Once you've run adware medic, do yourself a favor and uninstall any/all antivirus stuff you installed as most will more than likely cripple your Mac. You didn't have a virus to begin with - you had adware/malware which you downloaded, probably inadvertently from a site.

Practice safe internet browsing which includes only downloading from the app store or directly from a trusted developer; stay away from sites which offer software for free that costs money elsewhere as they usually include unwanted additions such as adware/malware and don't click on anything unless you know where it leads.

Feb 5, 2015 10:35 PM in response to Linc Davis

here is the link for test i run on my mac,

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=vNfsLkhF

please do help me in get riding of this pop up virus

and for every one else, this pop up viurs opens a new window with different (.info) extension websites sponsored by fast-ads.us like free-dating.info, geo-tv.info, top-ten-hosting.info and so so

this pop up is making my browsing experience weird and weird

neeedd heelppppp😟

Feb 6, 2015 3:37 AM in response to fsmobilez

You don't have anything installed that I would be terribly suspicious of being adware. I suspect that what you're seeing is probably due to hacked network hardware. See:

http://www.adwaremedic.com/kb/hackedrouter.php

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com, in the form of buttons allowing for donations. Donations are not required to use my site or software.)

Feb 6, 2015 8:39 AM in response to fsmobilez

A

Back up all data.

Unlock the Network preference pane, if necessary, by clicking the lock icon in the lower left corner and entering your password. Cllck Advanced, open the DNS tab, and change the server addresses to the following:

That's Google DNS. Click OK, then Apply.

In Safari, select

Safari ▹ Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data

and confirm. If you’re using another browser, empty the cache. Test. Any difference?

Notes:

1. If you lose Internet access after making the above change to your network settings, delete the Google servers in the Network preference pane, then select the TCP/IP tab and click Renew DHCP Lease. That should restore the original DNS settings; otherwise restore them yourself. Remember that you must click Apply in order for any changes to take effect.

2. I don't use Google DNS myself, though I have tested it, and I'm not recommending it or any other DNS provider; the server addresses are offered merely for testing purposes. There may be privacy and technical issues involved in using that service, which you should investigate personally before you decide whether to keep the settings. Other public DNS services exist.

B

If there's no change from the above step, test on another network, such as a public Wi-Fi hotspot.

Feb 6, 2015 10:25 AM in response to fsmobilez

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

macbook infected with fast-ads.us popup virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.