Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anything I can do to make my phone find my other devices?

When I tried using Find My IPhone on my new IPhone 6 it says my other devices, my IPad and my Macbook Pro, are offline when they are definitely on and within WiFi range. When I checked my other devices they are fine and can find everything. Is there anything I can do to make my IPhone see my other devices?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 11:41 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2015 7:12 AM in response to kowal108

Hi kowal108,

I see that you are having an issue with locating some devices in iCloud using Find My iPhone. I also see that you have linked the best article for troubleshooting this issue:

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204233

Did you happen to already try the steps for your issue, located below?

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

If you have tried those steps, did all of your devices appear when you checked Find My Device on iCloud.com from a computer?

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Feb 7, 2015 12:20 PM in response to braden85

I went on iCloud from my macbook with location services on and the wifi connection that I am still using and it said my macbook is offline. The same thing happened with my ipad. My new iphone is the only thing find my iphone can find even though both have location services enabled and the date and time seems fine on all of them. Is there anything else I can do?

Is there anything I can do to make my phone find my other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.