Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.1 breaks Melodyne

10.1 causing timing glitches in some melodyne files. Files appear okay in the melodyne window, but you can see the Melodyne cursor jump.

Causes parts of the file to playback in the wrong place; when this occurs at the beginning of a song, can throw the entire timing of the track off.

Downgrading to 10.0.7 fixes the problem. Thank GOD I had a backup on another drive for this "automatic" "upgrade". Renaming 10.1 to LogicX.bad and dragging 10.0.7 over worked.

I've put in a bug report at Apple and contacted Melodyne.

If you rely on Melodyne the way I do, I advise you to not upgrade until this gets fixed.

Have the current version of Melodyne. On Mavericks 10.9.5

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 7:34 AM

Thank GOD I had a backup on another drive for this "automatic" "upgrade".

Note: Automatic OS X & App updates (download and Install) happen when you set OS X to download and install all updates automatically.. This feature is selectable... via System Preferences > App Store

To download but not install...Uncheck the following options....

User uploaded file

To be notified but nothing else uncheck all options except the top one...

To do nothing... (Full manual control) uncheck all options

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2015 7:34 AM in response to Leslie Bell

Thank GOD I had a backup on another drive for this "automatic" "upgrade".

Note: Automatic OS X & App updates (download and Install) happen when you set OS X to download and install all updates automatically.. This feature is selectable... via System Preferences > App Store

To download but not install...Uncheck the following options....

User uploaded file

To be notified but nothing else uncheck all options except the top one...

To do nothing... (Full manual control) uncheck all options

10.1 breaks Melodyne

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.