Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri creates calendar events 1 hour in advance from the actual event

Hi everyone!

I have been experiencing a very strange problem with Siri and both Calendar and Reminders lately.

When I ask Siri to create and event, lets say for example at 15:00 o'clock, it perfectly recognizes my voice and creates a task, a reminder or a meeting, but automatically puts it 1 hour in advance in this case at 14:00. And I have tried it with different times, in different time zones, since I travel a lot and my iPhone is set to automatically set the time depending on the time zone, no matter what time i set it always puts me 1 hour in advance.

I have been using Siri since day 1 and I never had these problems before.

I am currently using the latest iOS 8 software there is.

There are 2 screenshots i made for you to have a better understand of what actually happens.

Looking forward for your help. Thanks in advance.

Boris

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 5:03 AM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2015 8:05 AM in response to boriszakhtser

Hey boriszakhtser,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your events in Calendar when creating them using Siri. It sounds like you may have Time Zone Override activated. Here is an article for you that explains this and explains where to adjust this setting:

Change Time Zone Override for Calendar on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202195

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Siri creates calendar events 1 hour in advance from the actual event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.