Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health data lost on restore...

I had to restore my iPhone (it was backed up to my computer) and found that all my Health data has been lost. I am running iOS 8.1.3

Is there a way to restore this data, if not then this app is absolutely useless (data will be lost on a restore or migration to new device)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 5:36 AM

OK, for anyone else with this issue, you need to encrypt your backups to save your Health Data, see Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 8 - Apple Support

6 replies

Jul 8, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Antony-D-Emanuele

I just lost 10 months of data! I had to restore because I had issues from the 8.4 update and no where was I prompted to encrypt my back-up or I would lose all my health data. The is a major issue and Apple is going to be slammed later this year if they don't fix it. EVERYONE will assume that if they back up their device before a restore all of this data will be safe. They should make the encrypted back up the default at the very least, and have a message that warns you will lose all health data if you do not encrypt your back up. What a total disappointment.

Health data lost on restore...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.