Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burned playlist emits a strange noise between tracks

I have burned a playlist temporarily to a CD-RW and,when played back on my car cd-player, a very brief 'zzzzzp' noise is emitted between tracks. When I say playlist, it is in fact 20 tracks contained within a folder that I've created in ITunes. Could the fact that it is not a pure playlist be the problem? If not, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Desktop PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 4:13 AM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2015 7:47 AM in response to mikep6dd

Hey mikep6dd,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your burned disc. I'm a bit unclear from your description if you were burning this as an Audio CD or as an MP3 data CD. Depending on which one you were using, you may want to try doing the other type and see if you see the same issues when you play it back in your car.

iTunes 11 for Windows: Disc burning overview

Note: They also mention in that article that CD-RW discs often only work in computers. If you have a plain CD-R, you may want to try that as well.

Cheers,

- Brenden

Feb 8, 2015 6:08 AM in response to brenden dv

Hello Brenden and thanks for the reply.

I converted the ITunes format to MP3 so that it would play on my home cd player which the manufacturer tells me is the only format it will play. I don't get the 'zzzzzp' noise on there, only in the car which is obviously a different make. I also used MP3 because I wanted all the info about the tracks to be displayed, which I believe will not with audio cd format.

I'm at the CD-RW stage at the moment because I'm still deciding on track order and didn't want to commit to CD-R until that's over. The CD-RW is playing in both my home cd player and the car. I may just have to wait and see as you suggest with the CD-R.

Burned playlist emits a strange noise between tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.