Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change password on Powerbook G4

Approximately a week ago I received excellent help on changing the password on a Powerbook G4 without having the cd. Now I can't find it online and I failed to print it out. Is there a way to search using my user name?

PowerBook, Other OS, identified as OS X10.5.8

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 7:16 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2015 8:56 AM in response to janisneu

Your activity shows only two posts under your current username (clink this link to view):

janisneu

and both were in teh last 20 hours. Did you perhaps change userneles?

Also, this forum is for pre-1998 Macs that are much older than any PowerBook G4. A senior-level poster may have asked the hosts to move you to the PowerBook forum which is here:

PowerBook

Feb 5, 2015 9:52 AM in response to janisneu

Looks like you may have changed your user name. I think this is yours (click on link), posted on 30 Jan:

How to reset password on Powerbook G4 without OS disk

That user name is: JeriGn

Remember to post future PowerBook questions in the other forum. This one, for pre-1998 Apple hardware, gets few views and therefore answers can be slow in coming.

Let me know if the other post is not you and I'll do some more searching. However, as the other post is marked "Solved," it should be helpful even it was not your post.

Allan

How to change password on Powerbook G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.