Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing GoPro files to MacBook Air: Error -9912

Hi,

I bought my GoPro in December 2014 and since then I've had problems when trying to import files to my MacBook Air. I've tried both using Go Pro Studio importer and Image Capture - the default importer on my Mac. Some files seem to import fine but a large majority of the files cannot be imported and say there is an 'error -9912'. 137 out of 180 files cannot be imported so you can imagine how annoying this problem is!

I know this is to do with GoPros but since I'm using a Mac to import the files I thought maybe someone else has had this problem.User uploaded file

If you have any advice to fix this problem it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 7:17 AM

11 replies

Apr 29, 2015 7:55 PM in response to cecerich

I was just researching this on Reddit, and it looks like GoPro is aware of the issue. I am having the same error importing from a Hero 3+ Black to my Macbook Pro mid 2010 (Yosemite 10.10.3). See the reply from GoPro below:

"submitted a support call to GoPro. I'll keep y'all posted.

fyi: i'm connecting the GoPro via USB to the mac. importing with SD adapter works fine.

Got a reply :

Thanks for the email, we are aware of this issue. At the moment, our engineers are looking into the issue on whether it is a camera firmware or OS issue. For the time being, please use a micro SD card reader to import using GoPro Studio Importer or Image Capture.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully this will be resolved very quickly for you.

Many Thanks,

Paul D. GoPro Support"

full Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/2xoc66/error_9912_error_copying_giles_of_ please_help/

May 23, 2015 10:21 PM in response to laidbacknate

Posted this before but want to confirm for your tech:

You are not alone. This issue is not limited to GoPro or even to desktops (iPhone users report similar problems). Since Mac's recent updates, my Mac Mini still recognizes my old Kodak c653--and even shows thumbnails of 75 photos in Image Capture but EVERY attempt to import those photos is met with error -9912. I see enough to know the photos and card are not damaged but can not copy, drag, or do anything without that error stopping me. Prior to recent updates it all worked fine. Mac will blame it on everyone else, tell me to reinstall, require a Kodak update (impossible since 2012), and expect us to replace our equipment to keep up.

If it was a PC, I would manually save/import my photos and find an affordable way to convert them to an acceptable format. Mac removed user access to such things. I also miss the support that PC users have among help forums.

Please share any solution or update and I will too.

Aug 30, 2015 10:07 AM in response to cecerich

Looks like the problem's on the OS side.

http://gopro.com/support/articles/herohero3-black-edition-cameras-are-not-import ing-through-mac-10103

*** UPDATE 8/13/2015***

Apple just released a new update (10.10.5) which fixes the issue of transferring your HERO or HERO3+ Black Edition camera footage when using a USB cable. The update is now available through the Mac App Store. You can access it by going to Apple Icon - App Store.
Computers will need a restart to finish the update.

I had the same issues reported by all here on a brand new GoPro Hero connecting via USB / GoPro Studio to Mac Mini. Updating to 10.10.5 has solved the problem completely.

Importing GoPro files to MacBook Air: Error -9912

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.