Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make mail open links in chrome

Hey there,

I've recently had trouble with Firefox opening so am now using Chrome and have set my default browser as Chrome. The problem is that when I'm opening links in email messages they still open in Firefox which is not functioning. How do I make all links open in Chrome?

Can anyone help me with this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 6:47 AM

10 replies

Feb 5, 2015 4:47 PM in response to mowich

Hi mowich. As to importing to chrome. Click on the funny looking box upper right corner that you use to get to settings and scroll down to bookmarks. you will see under bookmarks the option for importing. Then you can go to setting and open and choose to make chrome your primary browser. As far as mail. Here's what happens. When you open mail using the apple installed mail.You go to preferences in mail under general. You then click on make default email reader and you should seethe apple email and select. If you click on select, it will open a link in the applications folder to choose a default email reader other than apple mail. You can have two email readers at the same time. Lets say the built in apple mail and chrome.

Feb 5, 2015 2:51 PM in response to my ginger

Hi my ginger.

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit of a computer dummy but the way I understand your answer, I think you're suggesting that I change my default email program... like say to gmail.

What I'm looking to do is have Chrome open when I click on a link in, for example, a facebook message linking back to a post I commented on.

Also, since you mentioned how to uninstall firefox, I haven't done that because I'm trying to figure out how to export/import my bookmarks from Firefox, into Chrome, when I can't open Firefox.

Is that something you could help with?

Feb 5, 2015 5:06 PM in response to my ginger

Hi ginger, so I tried the mail suggestion and changed the default mail opener to chrome and still when I click on any link in an email Firefox tries to open resulting in a spinning wheel.

So I think that didn't work.

As far as importing when I go to the option for importing, Firefox isn't there... maybe because it's broken?

how to make mail open links in chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.