Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timesheet for Graphic Designer

Hello People

(please be gentle with me, I'm not very experienced with time-sheets etc).

I'm a graphic designer, been made redundant, and after struggling to find a job I'm going freelance but I'm really struggling to use Numbers to create a timesheet. I don't have Excel and don't particularly want to use it, partly sue to cost but also because I don't like it.

I know there are apps out there I could use, but all of those I've looked at either charge or don't do exactly what I need.

As I'm just starting out I need to monitor my workload, the time spent against the time i quote so I can refine things and get my estimating accurate and also make sure I then bill for all the hours I do (when it comes to an hourly rate).

I don't really know how to create spreadsheets using Excel with Formulas and rules etc. So a mate did it for me, but using that sheet in Numbers isn't transferring properly. So we are looking at starting afresh using Numbers but the trouble is neither of us know it well enough to create what I need.

First I need a time sheet, to keep a record of how much time i spend on a particular Job. I'll try to explain (stay with me please!)

To start off I need in my time-sheets the following columns;

Client, Job Number, Project Name, Details, Date, Day, Start Time, End Time, Duration, If it's Fixed Price, If its an Hourly Rate, What the hourly rate is, Total Hours, Price, Discount %, Final Price.

Within these Columns I need to be able to filter by date, by client or by job number - so I can easily check what hours Ive done on a particular job, or on a given day how many hours I've done or how many jobs I've done for a particular client.

As a result I will formulas on the timesheet the number of hours and minutes (down to ten minutes) for the duration, to calculate the price from the hourly rate, then the price after the discount and the final price.

However, some jobs may be a fixed price, and I may work on it for more than one day, Some Jobs may be an hourly price. So, if I put in the coloumn the fixed price each time/day I register time worked on it. It needs to see that that fixed price is for the job, not for that days work.

I would also like to be able to do a forecast sheet, so I can enter estimate details in, to see what I'm forecast to earn.

I would also then need a sheet which pulls in the info from the forecast to show the projected time taken earnings and also pulls in the information from the timesheet to show actual time taken and cost.

Is there any whizz out there that can help me on my way cos it has myself and my friend stumped and time is passing where I need to record my hours.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 11:26 PM

Hi iconboyip,

This will get you started.

User uploaded file

E is formatted with as Date & Time, with no time displayed (by default, it will be midnight at the start of the day).

F and G are formatted as Date & Time with no date displayed.

Enter times with am or pm (or 24 hour clock) on the day you actually start and end. Otherwise, we have the "crossing midnight" problem feature 😉.

H and I are formatted as Duration.

Enter breaks as 1h or 15m or 0.25h

Formula in I2 (and Fill Down)

=G2−F2−H2

To add up the hours spent on each job, another table with the SUMIF function

User uploaded file

Formula in A2 of the Totals table (and Fill Down)

=SUMIF(Time Sheet::B,A2,Time Sheet::I)

Regards,

Ian.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2015 11:26 PM in response to iconboyip

Hi iconboyip,

This will get you started.

User uploaded file

E is formatted with as Date & Time, with no time displayed (by default, it will be midnight at the start of the day).

F and G are formatted as Date & Time with no date displayed.

Enter times with am or pm (or 24 hour clock) on the day you actually start and end. Otherwise, we have the "crossing midnight" problem feature 😉.

H and I are formatted as Duration.

Enter breaks as 1h or 15m or 0.25h

Formula in I2 (and Fill Down)

=G2−F2−H2

To add up the hours spent on each job, another table with the SUMIF function

User uploaded file

Formula in A2 of the Totals table (and Fill Down)

=SUMIF(Time Sheet::B,A2,Time Sheet::I)

Regards,

Ian.

Timesheet for Graphic Designer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.