Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini (2014) static on display upon wake from sleep

I just bought a brand new mac mini 2.6 ghz (2014). I have it hooked up to a Viewsonic VX2450 that has operated without issue as an external monitor for my macbook air (2011) w/ thunderbolt to DVI adapter. The mini is connected via the same thunderbolt to DVI adapter then DVI cable to the monitor.

Almost every time the computer wakes from sleep, the monitor turns on to a full screen of static. Sometimes this disappears on its own and displays the normal screen after 3-15 seconds, other times I have to unplug and replug the thunderbolt connector, which fixes the problem. Turning the monitor on and off manually also removes the static. I have replicated the same problem with a DVI to HDMI adapter, as well as on an Asus brand monitor. I have played with monitor settings and run apple diagnostic tests and am unable to identify the issue. Frustratingly, I exchanged the mac mini and have the exact same problem with a new one.

Appreciate anyone's advice.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 10:45 AM

3 replies

Mac mini (2014) static on display upon wake from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.