Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 suddenly stopped charging. It's not working on any of my charging devices or with the apple charger

Just yesterday my IPhone 5 stopped charging. It won't charge on any of my docks, nor from the computer or from the charger that comes with the phone. Anyone have this problem and know what to do to fix it. I don't want to upgrade to the IPhone 6, I like my Iphone 5.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 11:14 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Fran0417

Hey Fran0417,

I understand your iPhone is not charging no matter what you connect it to. You have tried different charging sources. To further isolate, have you tried more than one cable?

Going further, please check out this article

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, reset your device.

If that doesn't help, continue with the article to the end.

Regards,

Nubz

my iphone 5 suddenly stopped charging. It's not working on any of my charging devices or with the apple charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.