Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems and opinion of pages for mac

I am a writer and have used pages for years. They told me I would have to update to the new pages and I did. After seeing the format I reverted back because I didn't care for the layout. I have always utilized the entire screen for my writing. They told me I would eventually have no choice but to convert. They were right and I was forced to convert last week. I have been struggling with this conversion ever since. First, of course was the right sided block of format getting in my way. I like it at the top where it takes up very little room and is available always. (I have no need to minimize it and then reopen it when I need the toolbar functions). Then I found I had all kinds of issues with inserting page numbers to my documents and finally had to call the help desk and even they had great difficulty. It took two different people to figure it out. Now I find I no longer have the option to search for phrases within my novel to pinpoint certain things that I need and when I use the find button I get no reference point and get lost trying to figure out where I am. All these problems are only in the first week of using it. I am very disappointed and wish I could just have my old reliable pages back. I don't know why you had to make things less user friendly and take away necessary functions. For a writer these things are very important and without them it wastes time. I am very unhappy with your new product and had to take the time to let you know.

Thank you for you time,

Carrie McGuigan

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 11:29 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2015 11:50 AM in response to mcguiganc

Carrie,

You are not alone in your frustrations with the new and unimproved Pages.

You should search the Apple Discussions on how to get back to your old Pages.

Edit:

Here are some

How to revert back to Pages ’09?

See remark by Peggy in that one

Unless you deliberately deleted them, your old iWork '09 apps are still in your Applications folder. If they were previously installed from the Mac App Store they will have been moved to a folder named iWork 09. If they were previously installed fromt the retail DVD or downloaded trial, the iWork '09 folder will still be in your Applications folder.

Always run Software Update after installing & before running any of the apps to bring them up to the current version for your system.

Can I or how do I revert back to iWork 09 on my iPad? **DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP**

Pages downgrade

Similar vein

Can not open .pages file on new iMac Mavericks

Recovering my Numbers Files after downgrading back to Mavericks

May 4, 2015 12:28 AM in response to mcguiganc

Absolutely in the same boat with you. Also a writer and the Find function among other things has me swearing at my computer more than I have in my life. I bought Pages since my macbook was too old to download it for free, and happily did so after several open source Word applications started playing up on my system, and I'd had a copy of Pages '09 that I was test driving on an inherited system and absolutely loved. So unhappy since the new release. Same issue with the page footer I literally couldn't get rid of the page number in the footer and had to create a new document and paste my whole document into it (160 odd pages) to get around the issue. And if Apple support don't even know how to fix it, that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

I don't want to use Office, I'm not a fan of it, Pages for the most part works as I need it to, but these little things stop you getting work done, and if you have a deadline it's the last thing you need. I can't think of a single business that would use this software. Even the table functions from a word document I exported over have been a nightmare to use.

Problems and opinion of pages for mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.