Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6, 8.1.3 Bluetooth problem

I have a new iPhone 6 running 8.1.3. I drive a 2013 Subaru. My old 4, running ios 6(!) connected to the Bluetooth fine. More importantly it reconnected automatically. My new phone connects, but when I turn off the car and restart it, the phone will not reconnect automatically and I have to manually connect the phone, which is a pain. Has anyone else had this problem? I know there are many other connectivity issues but I haven't seen this exact issue discussed.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 12:44 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2015 12:50 PM in response to MPB0967

Suggest that you remove the vehicle from the Bluetooth list in the phone. Then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Turn off Bluetooth. Go the vehicle, remove the iPhone from the list of paired devices, turn vehicle off and then back on again to reset it.

Now, here is where things can differ. Put the phone into discovery/pairing mode by turning on Bluetooth. From there, go to the vehicle. You need to do the discovery and pairing from the steering wheel controls. I've read them numerous times here on the forum, so you may have to search, since I do not know the exact procedure for that, I don't own a Subaru. Pairing from the steering wheel controls seems to get everything to work corrrectly. Seems to be an issue with Subaru.

Feb 7, 2015 1:00 PM in response to MPB0967

I think following the suggestion by ChrisJ4203 is a good idea. The problem is one of confusion in the setup and not something inherent in the iPhone 6 or iOS 8.1.3. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 and it is paired to my Subaru Hands Free setup. I can leave the vehicle or turn it off. When I start the vehicle again the phone pairs automatically. I've had you problems with this at all since the phone was paired the first time.

Iphone 6, 8.1.3 Bluetooth problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.