Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sign up without a credit card ?

I do not have a credit card , But want to sign up just to listen to the free radio, , I have an account, but every time I open up the I tunes Utility, I click on the radio at the top & sign in, when I do a box pops up saying I have not used this account with the I tunes store, I go to the I tunes store and sign in, but I get a page that asks me for a credit card info ... Again I do not have one, so am I out of luck ?? ( If so I will have to uninstall it ) or is there a way to sync my I tunes on my Windows to the store without a Credit card . Can someone help me with this? ...Thanks

iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 1:41 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2015 1:27 PM in response to don976

Hi don976,

I see that you wish to use your Apple ID as an iTunes Store account so that you may use iTunes Radio. Since this ID has already been created, you will need to add a payment method when you sign in to the iTunes Store, as noted in the following article:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-gu/HT204034

If you already have an Apple ID

If you've already created your Apple ID, you'll need to add a payment method when you first use it to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. But you can optionally remove the payment methodafter you sign in to the store. You won't be asked for a payment method again until you make your first purchase.

Further information can be found in this article:

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203905

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Can I sign up without a credit card ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.