Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad wont connect to app store but wifi on and okay

2 iPads both 3rd generation both 32 GB; used for grandkids to play ABCMouse; one iPad is great but other one says cannot connect to App store and gives blank screen for ABCMouse. Top left corner shows WiFi connected. Please help....I am an old Mema with minimal iPad skills.

iPad, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 1:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2017 10:04 PM in response to chemistryteacher

Check this:

>Settings

>Wifi

On the right hand side, you will the name of your wifi with a tick (assuming it is connected)

On the far right of that wifi name, touch the Information icon (blue circle with "i" inside)

On the next screen have a look near the top under "IP ADDRESS"

There are 3 options, "DHCP", "BootIP", "Static". "DHCP" should be selected i.e. block color of blue.

If you have "BootIP" selected, you would be able to access a webpage, but not the Appstore or iTunes Store, or do a software update.

Check that Aeroplane Mode is switched off.

Feb 7, 2015 1:13 PM in response to chemistryteacher

Hello chemistryteacher,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that one of your two iPads is unable to connect to the App Store, which is preventing you from using one of your apps. To troubleshoot this issue I'd like you to please follow the steps below.

Troubleshoot issues on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
  • Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update(iOS 5 or later) or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking
    Check for Update
    on your device's Summary page.
  • Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to cellular data, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  • Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. You can check the user guide for your device for help with connecting to the Internet.
  • Make sure that other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the issue persists, try troubleshooting your Wi-Fi networks and connections.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

ipad wont connect to app store but wifi on and okay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.