Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disonnect and reconnect. I tried all solutions on apple. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disonnect and reconnect. I tried all solutions on apple. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 3:27 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2015 2:46 PM in response to adobrow

Greetings adobrow,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are receiving an error message that your iPod nano cannot be identified properly. I understand as well that you have already performed a lot of troubleshooting. Without knowing exactly what steps you have completed, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps in the attached article to help resolve the error.

iPod nano: Error message saying that iPod could not be identified properly - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.