Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHEN I CONNECT MY MACBOOK PRO (LATE 2013) TO MY TV WITH A HDMI CABLE IT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I TURNED OFF MY LAPTOP WHILE PLAYING A MOVIE OR SOMETHING THE SOUNDS STOPS AND WON'T WORK AGAIN IN BOTH LAP AND TV AND EVEN WHEN I UNPLUGGED THE CAPLE

WHEN I CONNECT MY MACBOOK PRO (LATE 2013) TO MY TV WITH A HDMI CABLE IT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I TURNED OFF MY LAPTOP WHILE PLAYING A MOVIE OR SOMETHING THE SOUNDS STOPS AND WON'T WORK AGAIN IN BOTH LAP AND TV EVEN WHEN I UNPLUGGED THE CAPLE THE PROBLEM PERSISTS AND I HAVE TO RESTART AGAIN TO WORK FINE.

ANOTHER THING IS THERE ANY WAY TO PLAY A MOVIE ON MY TV WITH HDMI CABLE WITH CLOSED LAPTOP

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 10:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Logongo

Greetings Logongo,

It seems you are having issues when connecting your MacBook to your television. I have linked to an article that provides troubleshooting steps which may help you. The article also covers "closed lid" mode, which you mentioned in your post.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Using Closed lid, Extended Desktop, or Mirroring display modes

When using multiple displays, information can be presented in a number of ways. For more information and what modes are supported by your Apple product refer to:

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

WHEN I CONNECT MY MACBOOK PRO (LATE 2013) TO MY TV WITH A HDMI CABLE IT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I TURNED OFF MY LAPTOP WHILE PLAYING A MOVIE OR SOMETHING THE SOUNDS STOPS AND WON'T WORK AGAIN IN BOTH LAP AND TV AND EVEN WHEN I UNPLUGGED THE CAPLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.