Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if I delete my iCloud

Hi,

i bought an iPad Air for school last year that was 16gb which was not enough storage, so this year I bought an iPad air 2 128gb it has been great so far but the iCloud is really bothering me! I keep getting annoying messages in the middle of the night telling me to upgrade my storage which I do not want to do because I have just spent so much money to have more storage by getting a 128gb iPad. So I was wondering what would happen if I just turn off iCloud will it delete everything?? i am happy to back it up to my computer. will my documents delete or in the future will the stay on my iPad without having icloud? I don't want any of my documents or photos deleting will this happen if i don't have icloud?? Anyone's help or advice would be much appreciated thanks Penelope.

iPad, iOS 7.1.2, Annoyed customer

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 1:17 PM

Hello Penelopehusty! Thank you for writing in and congrats on your purchase of iPad Air 2. So let me get you squared away with your current iCloud issue, but first I have a few questions for you to answer.

Are you using the mail feature for iCloud?

Are you using Photo stream?

Waiting for your response.

5 replies

Feb 6, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Penelopehusty

Hi Penelope,

If your data, photos, music, documents, spreadsheets, etc are sync with iCloud and you delete your account you will loose everything! Unless you have backup of all files in your computer . Don't delete your account until you are 100% sure everything is backed up in your computer. Remember that not all apps store files in the iPad itself but at a cloud. iTunes Backup does not save these files. You need to save them one by one if necessary.

Cheers,

Alex

Feb 6, 2015 1:48 PM in response to Penelopehusty

Penelope,

The issue is your iCloud email. It seems that you use your mail frequently. I strongly recommend you to look at the affordable rates that will suit you. If I was you, I would select the 20gb plan that offers you 20gb + 5gb free storage that gives you a grand total of 25gb. That will only cost you .99 cents a month, less than a Starbucks coffee. Penelope, that will resolve your issue swiftly.

Below is iCloud pricing

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238

Cheers,

Wilkie

What happens if I delete my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.