Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble exporting slideshow

I have never had this problem before but now after I have created an album and subsequent slideshow, I am unable to export the slideshow. I chose file/export/slideshow, then I chose quality and a location for the file, then the progress bar shows briefly but nothing more happens and the folder is empty. Help!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), iPhoto 9.6

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 5:33 AM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2015 7:59 AM in response to kipbrundage

Folks have fixed this one with a reinstall of iPhoto.

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

For older versions that have been installed from Disk you'll need these additional steps:

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Feb 6, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks this helped and I wrote two slideshows easily but struggled with the third, and when it did write the transitions at the end were pixelated. I was in high resolution. Now it won’t write the fourth slideshow it as if it jams on the final black slide. I have never had trouble like this with older versions of iPhoto. My problem is I work (with a license) in Cuba and so I need a rock solid solution because there is no support when I am in country.

Kip B.- Director of Cuba Programs, Santa Fe Photographic Workshops

<Email Edited By Host>

Feb 6, 2015 2:54 PM in response to kipbrundage

Not sure if there was a question in there... but

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie is on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price:

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $99

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

trouble exporting slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.