Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign out from my old email

Hello!

From 2-3 days I have one problem with my new iPhone 6. Before years ago I have iPhone 5 where registered with email(something like this d.in****@***.**) but after 1 year I want to buy a new iPhone and I sell my iPhone 5 but I create a backup. After some days I have problems with my email and I must change the email with new(something like this do***.in***@***.***). I create a new email address and I verify in Apple. All It's OK. But this days I buy a new iPhone 6 and my fault is I setup the new iphone with my old backup and now my new iPhone is used by my old email and I can't sign out it because return incorrect error with password and I can't recover because my old email is deleted from year ago and my email provider can't recover data from the email. Now I don't know how I can fix it. My global email is same d.in****@icloud.com just only my main email is changed.

Please help me!

Thanks, Regards!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, null

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 6:39 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2015 11:37 AM in response to enixart

Hey enixart,

When you go to www.icloud.com using the email address you have that ends in icloud.com -- do you see all of your information (contacts, calendars, notes, etc.?).

If so, you can just restore your iPhone as New (not from a backup) and when you sign into iCloud in Settings with the iCloud information above, your data should appear on your iPhone 6.

I'll include some information about this below, as well as a link to our Apple ID Support team if you are unable to change your old email address to your current Apple ID.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4137

If you're having an issue with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, follow these troubleshooting steps to:

Back-up your data

1. Check for iOS software updates. Install them if available.
  2. Take a few minutes to transfer your content from your device to your computer to ensure that all of your critical data is safe.
  3. Back up your device before you erase it.

Erase your device

Erasing all content and settings will delete all of the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and anything else. All device settings are restored to their factory condition.

To remove all settings and information from your device, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Learn more about "Erase All Content and Settings."
User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

If you can't erase your device, restore the device using iTunes.

Set up your device as a new device

After your device is erased, you should see the following screen:
User uploaded file

​Follow the steps to complete the setup assistant. When prompted, select "Set Up as New iPhone." Then tap Next.

User uploaded file

Skip the Apple ID sign-in, in case the original issue was related to any of your content on iCloud.
User uploaded file User uploaded file
After setting up as new, you will need to enter your Visual Voicemail password for iPhone (on carriers that support Visual Voicemail). If you've forgotten your password, contact your carrier to help you reset it.

After erasing and setting up as a new device, your device is now in a factory configuration. Re-try what you were trying when you first found the issue to determine if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved the issue. Content on the device might have caused the unexpected behavior.

• If the issue persists, you might want to contact Apple Support.
  • If the issue is resolved, sync one type of content at a time back to your device. For example, if you had an issue playing music, add songs from iTunes and confirm that they will play. If your contacts weren't loading successfully, add the contacts back. After each sync, test to see if the issue has returned.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5699

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Feb 17, 2015 9:57 AM in response to enixart

Hey judysings,

Thanks for you answer. I can't erase my iPhone because when I tap "Erase" I must type a password. When I enter my password system returns to me "Bad password". This is because my device is sign in with my delete gmail account not with icloud account. I talk with google and they can't recover my old gmail account and now I can't verify the old gmail account in apple. I don't know how to talk with apple to add and verify automatically my old email because he is forever deleted. I can't find some other method to change my icloud. Now I use my iPhone like a "gipsy" and I have all serial number, IMEI, it's iphone on 2-4 weeks...

This is one stup*d confusion. I used my icloud with email where I removed from my icloud emails because is forever deleted... And now I can't use MY icloud account on MY iphone...
Please, help me with something...

Thanks, regards!

Feb 17, 2015 2:06 PM in response to enixart

Hey enixart,

Have you replaced your old gmail account with a new email address? To update your Apple ID, you need to have a current primary email address to change it to.

Click on the link below to contact the Apple ID Security team and they will help you straighten this out.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5699

- Judy

Feb 17, 2015 2:23 PM in response to enixart

Hey judysings,

Thanks for helping. I trying everything and I find only one method where maybe I can't fix this problem. The main problem is how can I sign out from icloud on my iphone. Because when I use recovery password they sent email to my new email. When I change my primary email they need to open my email and confirm from the link but I can't open my email because he is forever deleted from gmail.

I can fix this only if Apple enter my old email like primary without need confirm from link or I think I must go to shop where I buy my iPhone to help me...

Thanks, regards!

I can't sign out from my old email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.