Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove FACES from photos on my iPhone?

How can I remove "FACES" from my iPhone photos? I do not have Faces selected for syncing. I have the same issue with my iPad. Would appreciate anyone's help.

iPad, Windows 7, iPhone 6 Plus, 128-GIG ATT

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 9:22 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Ingo2711

In Photos, I have the following checked....Sync Photos/Copy photos from iPhoto/ then I have checked:....Selected albums, Events, and Faces, and automatically include "No Events". Then I have all of my Albums checked but all of my Faces are unchecked.Yet, when I sync, the Faces show up on both my iPhone and iPad.

Feb 7, 2015 7:43 AM in response to julieda

I just managed to remove the "Faces" album form my phone, that's what I did:

I had the album on my phone, although it was not selected in the Photo pane in iTunes on my computer. So I selected "Faces" and synced another album as well to the phone.

After that the new album and "Faces" could still be found on the phone. As a next step I deselected the "Faces" option in iTunes, the phone was still connected, and synced once again. I checked the photo app on the phone, the "Faces" album was gone as well, and the option in iTunes/Photo pane stayed deselected as well.

Feb 11, 2015 11:41 AM in response to julieda

Did you try to replicate the steps that I took to deactivate the Faces option in iTunes?

Strange thing was, that the option has not been activated in iTunes before, and only selecting, syncing and deselecting and another sync removed that from my phone.

But I guess Aperture on my Mac had Faces selected and activated it somehow on my phone when I synced photos.

Jul 23, 2015 6:46 AM in response to julieda

I found that even if none of your "faces" are checked off in the photo sync section of itunes you still end up with some in the faces album. These pictures are from albums you selected from your Mac to be brought to your iPhone, forcing the iPhone to have the Faces Album. If you go into the unwanted album and figure out which photos are being synced to faces, you have a couple options:

1. Delete the pictures from the original album on your computer and re sync

2. screenshot or modify in anyway to keep the photo on your phone, then apply step 1

3. (not sure if it worked, I used 1,2) untag the faces from those specific pictures and re sync

hope this helps

How can I remove FACES from photos on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.