Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with an icloud account on a 2nd ipad

Hi all

Going to try to type this so it makes sense...

My wife purchased 2 ipads over a year ago for our business. They're even engraved!

One has been working fine and is linked to her main email address (Apple ID) and her icloud account that is linked to that email.

However, the 2nd ipad has not been used for a long time because it seems to be linked to an icloud account that is different to her primary apple id/icloud account. We cannot remember doing this even though the icloud account uses part of her normal email address in it. None of our passwords are working and when I try to restore as new device, it asks for this unknown icloud account's password as it is linked to it. We tried the email verification route...it sent an email but to where we don't know!!

We tried the security route too...but when it asks for birthdate, it doesn't take any birthdates we put in. We are stumped by what happened here to say the least. Is there anything else we can try??

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 8:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Jovi Guitarist

Hello Jovi Guitarist,

If I understand correctly you are unable to use the password reset email that gets sent because you cannot identify the email address that one of the iPads is registered to, and you cannot reset the security questions because the date of birth is being rejected. At this point you may need to reach out to the Account Security team for additional assistance. Keep in mind you will need to verify the account information to receive support.

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

If you can't reset your security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Problem with an icloud account on a 2nd ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.