Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I delete a photo within iCloud on my PC it isnt deleted on other devices?

Hey Everyone!

So I thought this whole iCloud synchronization thing sounded pretty cool and transparent and useful and basically what i wish dropbox could be... But have been frustrated to find that as of now if I take a photo on my iPhone and delete it from within the iCloud photos directory on my PC, it is not removed from my iPhone or the iCloud website.

But if I delete a photo from the iCloud website, or my iPhone, the deletion propagates as expected to all other iCloud locations.

Why the asymmetric behavior? Does anybody know if this is a bug in the current Windows iCloud application or if it is intended to function this way? I REEAAAALLLY want to be able to sort through my photos that i take on my iphone on my PC and delete unwanted ones there...

Does anybody know if the new photos app for Yosomite will support this? Delete on Mac = deletes across all devices? Does the current iCloud implementation within OSX support this?

Tyler

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 9:55 AM

3 replies

When I delete a photo within iCloud on my PC it isnt deleted on other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.