Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.1.0 WILL NOT load PICS onto iPhone 6 Just does skinny

iTunes has done this for month... I just get the #spinny thing...NEVER can open Photos in iPHONE download summary

to tell it which photos I want on phone.. In the past if I ran the iPhone SYNC enough times and waited an hour or so I would stop

and go to show me Choices.. NOW Nothing Just skinny

PLEASE help and note do NOT give any iCloud answer.. I want them DOWNLOADED to phone not uploaded to CLOUD.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 7, iOS is 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 12:12 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 10:28 AM in response to LDoza45

OKAY so I went to cloud. Still confusing which pics go up there from camera and which dont. Note I take a lot of pics from online so I guess they cannot be uploaded because ‘permissions’ will be wrong?

I also tried restoring iPhoto Library from time machine backup ...but after 3 hours and various processes it basically said I couln’t..

Then it opened one 2 years old... So Now that is what I am using and diligently copying every one (of my 20,000 pics) onto

Flickr so I can save them somewhere!.. Half Way done.. takes about 2 hours per hundred.

CURRENT question. I do have a month old backup copy of iPhotoLibrary on my OWC Hard Drive last Time Machine. (I presume I do at least). How do I get my laptop to RESTORE with that one? For huge photo libraries do you recommend splitting them. I see there is now an easier way to switch between iphoto libraries right up in iPHOTO File Menu.. Or should I just wait for PHOTOS?

Apr 17, 2015 7:11 PM in response to LDoza45

Go to your Applications and launch iPhoto. Then plug in your phone and open iTunes. You can then sync and add photos using iPhoto. Once your phone is done syncing, then go to Photos on the iTunes summary page and you will no longer get the skinny thing. At the top where it asks what program to select for photos, switch from iPhoto to Photos. From here you can select what pictures you want to sync. Now close iPhoto, and all should be fine from now on.

iTunes 12.1.0 WILL NOT load PICS onto iPhone 6 Just does skinny

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.