Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scroll stuttering and loss of touch screen control

Since downloading IOS 8.1.3, my iPhone6 has begun doing some really crazy stuff when I am scrolling up or down with my finger. Its not 100% all of the time but when it happens, initially, the scrolling will begin to stutter away from my finger, followed by a complete loss of control over the touch screen. At that point, random buttons all over the screen will be getting clicked as if I was touching them, but I'm not.

This has been consistent across all apps and has only begun for me following iOS 8.1.3.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a solution? Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 1:23 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 12:38 AM in response to amarms

Same exact problem as you have on my iPhone 6, and same cause - 8.1.3. I am not even going to install 8.2 for fear of more, new bugs. Nothing on the list of bug fixes for 8.2 says anything about this shaky screen and things being clicked on their own problem.

Any luck with this issue being fixed with 8.2? Anyone still experiencing this with 8.2?

Sep 6, 2015 6:27 AM in response to amarms

Greetings from iOS 8.4.1 on iPad. I have this problem too since today, but only when the device is plugged in a (non-Apple-manufactured) charger. Maybe it has something to do with tiny amounts of electricity leaking from the charger to the touchscreen in a way or another that causes interference interpreting where your fingers really are?

Scroll stuttering and loss of touch screen control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.